• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best Player from a Terrible Team

Which player is best?

• CJ Harris

Votes: 32 47.1%
  • Travis McKie

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • Devin Thomas

Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Codi Miller-McIntyre

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bryant Crawford

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Brandon Childress

Votes: 10 14.7%
  • Doofus/Numbers

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters

TBDeac

Reaction score
This thread is inspired by today's game by Childress (who I am not a huge fan of) putting up pretty big numbers.

As a result of having horrible teams over the last 10 years, we've had a lot of guys who have put up decent numbers on teams that have sucked. Who do you think is the best of the bunch?

Last edited:
This thread is inspired by today's game by Childress (who I am not a huge fan of) putting up pretty big numbers.

As a result of having horrible teams over the last 10 years, we've had a lot of guys who have put up decent numbers on teams have sucked. Who do you think is the best of the bunch?

I assume Collins isn’t an option since he played on our great team that finished 10th in the ACC and made the playin round of the NCAA tourney? If so, Travis McKee was good.

I assume Collins isn’t an option since he played on our great team that finished 10th in the ACC and made the playin round of the NCAA tourney? If so, Travis McKee was good.

Correct. Collins would be the obvious answer and was the best player on our one "not horrible" team in recent history.

CJ Harris, Devin Thomas, Travis McKie, and CMM.

McKie in 2010-2011 if were are singling out one season, followed by Collins his freshman year.

CJ is the obvious answer to me. He was good all 4 years although his freshman team did win a game in the tourney which for us means it was not a shitty team at all.

Kyle Visser? Refresh my memory on that one.

From Wiki: He was considered by ESPN to be the nation's most improved college basketball player after having scored 466 points during his senior season, which was more than his previous three seasons combined. Visser ranked seventh in the ACC in scoring at 17.3 ppg, and ranked second in the league in field goal shooting percentage (.593). He was the only player in the entire conference to rank in the top ten in scoring, rebounding, field goal percentage, and blocks. On November 11, 2006, he set a school record for field goal percentage in a single game (1.000) by shooting a perfect 10-for-10 against James Madison University. Visser also ranks seventh in school history with 113 career blocks. In his senior season, he scored 20 points nine times to go along with six double-doubles.[1]

Thirteen years in the NBA make Muggsy Bogues the best. Not even close.

This is the rightest answer. Muggsy is probably the best player from a terrible team in ACC history.

Hoo boy Travis McKie. You stuck it out for four years and never tasted anything resembling (team) success. You deserve a fucking medal.

Thirteen years in the NBA make Muggsy Bogues the best. Not even close.

+3

For those who haven't seen it, the ESPN documentary on those 2 Dunbar teams with Bogues, Williams, Wingate and Lewis is definitely worth the watch. Think it was called the Baltimore Boys or something like that.

Back