• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is it time for the MODS to create Danny[redacted]?

Danny[redacted]?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If y'all want to feel better about Manning, I'd encourage you to go watch some interviews with [Redacted]. Or even better, go watch a half of bz basketball from his time at wake.

Never forget

If y'all want to feel better about Manning, I'd encourage you to go watch some interviews with [Redacted]. Or even better, go watch a half of bz basketball from his time at wake.

Never forget

Even negatives can be positive! #superphannnnn

Never forget

The first sentence I agree with. The second sentence, not so much, as we're just as bad now as we were then.

Danny is an effin' hoops legend. This chapter of his hoops life is an unfortunate one. Same goes for Chill, fwiw. I also haven't seen that he is in any way an atrocious human being like [name redacted] was. Maybe his illusory 2 year tenure at Tulsa was due to what was left by the prior coach, who knows. But he in no way merits any billboards or [name redacted] treatment. More like Bob Staak treatment (that is as a coach, not referring to any of Staak's alleged off court activities).

I really believe Danny loves the game and wants to help the young men be successful in life. That being said Wake Forest needs to retool, including hiring a coach that can recruit the talent and mold them to consistently win in the ACC, win in the post season, and create excitement. That's what we've been paying the big bucks to accomplish and enjoy. Danny was a special player and no one questions that. Everyone is questioning his ability to succeed as a coach in the ACC, right Ron?

Danny is an effin' hoops legend. This chapter of his hoops life is an unfortunate one. Same goes for Chill, fwiw. I also haven't seen that he is in any way an atrocious human being like [name redacted] was. Maybe his illusory 2 year tenure at Tulsa was due to what was left by the prior coach, who knows. But he in no way merits any billboards or [name redacted] treatment. More like Bob Staak treatment (that is as a coach, not referring to any of Staak's alleged off court activities).

Danny Manning could not carry Bob Staaks coaching jock strap.

Wake is not as bad as the first two years under [Redacted]. We’re bad and still 100 spots better than Jeff’s first year

Danny Manning could not carry Bob Staaks coaching jock strap.

I was there for the beginning of the Staak era. He was left Muggsy and a little bit more, though not a ton. But Staak didn't recruit worth shite, and that's an understatement. Danny has recruited better than Bob did, though Staak was probably a better coach.

I read your first line and assumed you were being sarcastic. But then I remembered that he really is a hoops legend. And I don’t think of him that way anymore. That’s what makes all of this so sad. Wake Forest hired a college basketball legend and it was a disaster. He parlayed none of that into anything of meaning or substance. It will just be a forgotten part of his legacy and we may get one tiny mention in his obit one day.

I read your first line and assumed you were being sarcastic. But then I remembered that he really is a hoops legend. And I don’t think of him that way anymore. That’s what makes all of this so sad. Wake Forest hired a college basketball legend and it was a disaster. He parlayed none of that into anything of meaning or substance. It will just be a forgotten part of his legacy and we may get one tiny mention in his obit one day.

To bad we could not have learned from State's Sidney Lowe hire. Some people like to learn everything first hand.

Wake is not as bad as the first two years under [Redacted]. We’re bad and still 100 spots better than Jeff’s first year

i think you are comparing the year end kenpom number for wake in redacted's first year. can't do that.
wake started out this season #94 KP. in redacted first year they started out 107

19 games into the 2011-12 season wake was #213 Kenpom and 7-12
19 games into this season wake is #159 Kenpom and 8-11

this is as bad as redacted and about to get a lot worse with 11-12 losses to come

i think you are comparing the year end kenpom number for wake in redacted's first year. can't do that.
wake started out this season #94 KP. in redacted first year they started out 107

19 games into the 2011-12 season wake was #213 Kenpom and 7-12
19 games into this season wake is #159 Kenpom and 8-11

this is as bad as redacted and about to get a lot worse with 11-12 losses to come
This season might be as bad as BZZZZZZ if you compare team strength/player ability vs actual output. But dropping 106 spots and being at #213 overall is clearly worse than dropping 65 spots and being #159 overall.

Sadly we are debating which season was worse. Holy hell what have we become

Back