• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

DANNY BOSTON COLLEGE POST GAME PRESSER.

I'm convinced Danny is a good person. Probably a great dad, husband and I think he'd be a hell of a neighbor. Probably keeps a neat home, the yard mowed and would be absolutely fantastic drinking a beer while grilling and telling KU and NBA stories. He checks all those boxes.

But, holy hell, the man CANNOT COACH HIS WAY out of a wet paper bag!

Kinda like Jimmy Carter........nice man, but a lousy president.

He is clueless, simply inept, and the sad thing is he doesn't even realize it smh. I think we all realize we don't have enough talent, (potential yes, talent no) on this team to compete with Va, Dook and unc but we should be able to beat teams like BC, GT, Clemson and Miami and with a half way decent coach we could

Last edited:
Manning is probably going through alot in private. It has got to be tough on the self esteem to realize you are absolutely inept at coaching a game that came so easy to you on the court.

If he has even one shred of introspection he is coming to terms with it.

If he’s feeling distressed at all, I’m sure he can come up with 18 million reasons to quickly feel better.

He looks beaten down, I feel bad for the guy, even though I think he is a bad coach. It this point in his life u doubt money is as big as a motive as winning. Even if he does not show it ,I would think he has to be a competitor.

Manning is probably going through alot in private. It has got to be tough on the self esteem to realize you are absolutely inept at coaching a game that came so easy to you on the court.

There are a lot of things a guy with his name recognition could do. He should go and do them and make his life better.

He looks beaten down, I feel bad for the guy, even though I think he is a bad coach. It this point in his life u doubt money is as big as a motive as winning. Even if he does not show it ,I would think he has to be a competitor.

he needs to come in to a press conference one time and pull a Hal McRae

I went back and checked the 5 min. mark on the video. The reporter asks how do you dig your way out of this and Danny answers, "The only way out is to continue to work." Continue to work? Really?? He hasn't done anything that "worked" since he got here. In fact nothing that he does "works". Danny might be a nice guy but he can't make anything work when it comes to coaching college basketball. Danny should get a job in the pros teaching big men his skills. That might work.
Les had an article before the game yesterday on Manning being hired and his time at Tulsa. In the article Manning stated that he did nothing different at Tulsa to turn around the team when they were 8-10. Rather he seemingly lucked out that the team went on a hot streak and made a run to win the conference tourney. So we shouldn't be surprised now when Manning is similarly pig-headed about not changing much and just hoping that things click again.

There is a pretty damning quote in the article where someone connected with Tulsa (I think a Tulsa newspaper reporter) basically said that they have no clue how the hell Manning even got considered, let alone hired, for an ACC job as most there thought that he had not proven enough and was not experienced enough.

Last edited:
If he’s feeling distressed at all, I’m sure he can come up with 18 million reasons to quickly feel better.
Not to mention whatever he's lining his son's pockets with as "Director of Player Development."

Compare yesterdays press conference with Clawson's after getting hammered in a couple of games. Not going to continue what we have been doing--not going to work harder and what has not worked. Going trio find the problem and fix it! In the case of football it was the defense and he fired the problem and things got better. In the case of basketball, the defense doesn't work, nor does the offense-- do something different!

Compare yesterdays press conference with Clawson's after getting hammered in a couple of games. Not going to continue what we have been doing--not going to work harder and what has not worked. Going trio find the problem and fix it! In the case of football it was the defense and he fired the problem and things got better. In the case of basketball, the defense doesn't work, nor does the offense-- do something different!

Since players are not developing fire his ass

Well said.

Not to mention whatever he's lining his son's pockets with as "Director of Player Development."

With all of the legit things to criticize Danny Manning about, this is fucking ridiculous.

What does this position pay? 40k?

Lining pockets, indeed.

I thought that Odom wanted to hire one of his sons and Wellman said no because of nepotism. Why is that “policy “ not still in place? I can’t stand to look at one Manning let alone two.

I thought that Odom wanted to hire one of his sons and Wellman said no because of nepotism. Why is that “policy “ not still in place? I can’t stand to look at one Manning let alone two.

That no nepotism policy definitely still must not be in place.

With all of the legit things to criticize Danny Manning about, this is fucking ridiculous.

What does this position pay? 40k?

Lining pockets, indeed.

It’s a well paying job. Supposedly coaching basketball. Seems like a sweet starter gig to me.

Then Hatch needs to do the right thing and give Ron the blessing to relieve Danny of his suffering!!

#EASEHISPAIN #FIREHISASS

Because it was Odom you are referring to and Wellman did not like Odom and was obviously tired of winning and winning championships so he wouldn't let him hire his son.

Back