• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

DANNY BOSTON COLLEGE POST GAME PRESSER.

Finally a question related to his lack of results by the press when asked about his 1-5 start in his fifth year.

We out rebounded them and scored a lot in the paint. But that is his solution. Did he even watch the game? Guy has to go

I'm convinced Danny is a good person. Probably a great dad, husband and I think he'd be a hell of a neighbor. Probably keeps a neat home, the yard mowed and would be absolutely fantastic drinking a beer while grilling and telling KU and NBA stories. He checks all those boxes.

But, holy hell, the man CANNOT COACH HIS WAY out of a wet paper bag!

Can you imagine Clawson ever saying well we just have to. keep doing the same thing and fight harder? No he looked at the problems found out where the problem was and fired the guy who was not doing his job and things got better. Manning has no idea how to fix this train wreck. It is not just giving effort for 40 min. It is there is no offensive or defensive game plan. He draws up plays and we don't even get a shot off. We just run around the perimeter until some one decides t.o chuck up a 3 or put their head down and drive. Doing the same thing over and over with the same results is just insanity. It will not get better and it is time to cut our losses and fire this guy. Post game press conference was all of 6 minutes. No one wants to question him or listen to the same old garbage after each defeat.

I cringe when I hear “paint touches” and “getting to the line” because it sounds like a coach from 30 years ago.

That’s an archaic style of basketball offense, especially given our roster this season.

I went back and checked the 5 min. mark on the video. The reporter asks how do you dig your way out of this and Danny answers, "The only way out is to continue to work." Continue to work? Really?? He hasn't done anything that "worked" since he got here. In fact nothing that he does "works". Danny might be a nice guy but he can't make anything work when it comes to coaching college basketball. Danny should get a job in the pros teaching big men his skills. That might work.

Last edited:
I went back and checked the 5 min. mark on the video. The reporter asks how do you dig your way out of this and Danny answers, "The only way out is to continue to work." Continue to work? Really?? He hasn't done anything that "worked" since he got here. In fact nothing that he does "works". Danny might be a nice guy but he can't make anything work when it comes to coaching college basketball. Danny should get a job in the pros teaching big men his skills. That might work.

Amazing that he got 5 years here and has never shown any ability to make changes and improvements. He learned something back in the 1980's and he is sticking with it.

Pretty sure ronnie hired nuke laloosh to teach danny how to deal with the press.

Back