• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tabari Hines to State

I'm not offended. I thought it was a dick move I didn't really give it much thought after that. The only thing I care about is that we beat state and have a better season than them next year

Yep, nobody spent much time thinking about it, but it also seems very unlikely that he'll get a warm welcome back.

Can you imagine what kind of reaction a player who graduated from state made thinly veiled disparaging remarks about his former teammates and coach and then ended up transferring back to Carolina as a graduate student how they would respond? Or vice versa? Or Carolina and Duke?

Last edited:
Any fan base would comment about a kid who transfers and then makes disparaging comments about former teammates and coaches. No big deal.

Agreed. There couldn't be a more normal response from the fan base.

Not too concerned about Hines, but I'm not gonna cheer for him. He's done nothing to show he cares about Wake Forest - left the program, talked shit about players and coaches, and then joined a rival - so why should Wake fans have a positive feeling towards him?

We'll always have the image of him watching the second half at App State in sweatpants after he didn't get the ball when he was wide-ass open downfield in the first half.

If I recall, he also had some tweets midseason complaining about his playing time and what not.

We'll always have the image of him watching the second half at App State in sweatpants after he didn't get the ball when he was wide-ass open downfield in the first half.

Why was he in sweat pants?

Why was he in sweat pants?

IIRC, we were told "undisclosed injury." Can tell you that at some point less than 20 minutes after the game, he had RT'd and Fav'd the tweet I had about Wolford not seeing him wide open down the field. Always found that strange, given how emotional that game was with halftime incident and Washington's block.

How does this baord feel about Makhtar Ndaiye ?

Not really positive vibes, iirc ?

Ph, I think the thin-skinned one is you, my friend. We were already discussing this possible move on another thread. Did you feel the need to start a new one in order to draw out the comments you wanted to refute? It’s as though you knew not everyone would be completely positive, and were ready to drum that up into an issue by calling those people out.

The view among a lot of people here seems to be: not crazy about the move to a rival school, especially in light of comments he’s directed against us, and this gives us one more motivation to beat State, but beyond that, this isn’t a huge deal. There’s no real need to defend Tabari’s honor as though he’s being dragged through the mud. He had a special place in our hearts for his contributions, but then he chose to go in a different direction, so for many of us he doesn’t really have that place anymore. Next.

Ph, I think the thin-skinned one is you, my friend. We were already discussing this possible move on another thread. Did you feel the need to start a new one in order to draw out the comments you wanted to refute? It’s as though you knew not everyone would be completely positive, and were ready to drum that up into an issue by calling those people out.

The view among a lot of people here seems to be: not crazy about the move to a rival school, especially in light of comments he’s directed against us, and this gives us one more motivation to beat State, but beyond that, this isn’t a huge deal. There’s no real need to defend Tabari’s honor as though he’s being dragged through the mud. He had a special place in our hearts for his contributions, but then he chose to go in a different direction, so for many of us he doesn’t really have that place anymore. Next.

That's the Ph we've known and loved for years.

For the record, I'm not offended either, but we were reliably informed on here that TH had struck a nerve within the program, so I don't think it's fair to pick on fans who share that feeling.

That's the Ph we've known and loved for years.

I barely start threads. I only start them for newsworthy breaking news or new info. Not everybody checks this board diligently. Not everybody reads the thread where this is being discussed.

I think it is certainly newsworthy that a Wake grad and former player is transferring at State. I can’t think of a time we have played against a player who was a significant contributor. Surely some people are learning this for the first time by reading the thread title.

Last edited:
Here’s what he said about the Oregon QB, "I’ve never been able to play with a quarterback of his caliber. He makes throws that I wouldn’t call risky, but are NFL type throws. It’s amazed me. It makes my job easier." This was coming off a record setting year with Wolford at Wake.

Here’s what he tweeted about the Oregon coaching, “When Your Coach Believes In You 100%, You’ll Be Surprise How Much That Does For Your Game”

How many catches did he have last year with this fabulous QB?

I hated it when he left for Oregon, but we didn't miss a beat. Not happy that he talked junk about Wake, but most kids that transfer probably feel maligned by the coaches and/or the program. If he's coming back to NC to be closer to home so be it. Hopefully, gives us a little extra incentive when we take them out again next year!

To be fair, that Oregon QB will be the first or 2nd QB chosen in next year's draft. Maybe Herbert just threw the ball to better receivers... ; )

Back