• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tabari Hines to State

IIRC, we were told "undisclosed injury." Can tell you that at some point less than 20 minutes after the game, he had RT'd and Fav'd the tweet I had about Wolford not seeing him wide open down the field. Always found that strange, given how emotional that game was with halftime incident and Washington's block.

Not the actions of a good teammate.

What was the halftime incident?

How does this baord feel about Makhtar Ndaiye ?

Not really positive vibes, iirc ?

As I 20 year old Wake student, I was pissed at mahktar and thought he was a traitor. Now that I’m in my 40’s with a couple of kids I see that situation totally different.... he got screwed over by the ncaa big time, went to Michigan instead and it didn’t work out so he transferred to a big time basketball school with a legendary coach and a school that at the time had a excellent academic reputation(not so much anymore). Mahktar ended up in a great situation for him and played in at least one final four.

Now, he acted like an idiot while at Unc, but that is a whole different story and quite frankly I’m glad he wasn’t representing wfu when he acted like an idiot.

I'm not offended. I thought it was a dick move I didn't really give it much thought after that. The only thing I care about is that we beat state and have a better season than them next year

This. Just want to be State next year for 3 in a row. Should be a fun/exciting game like always with State in Winston.

You can dislike a college athlete and not be bitter towards them. I don’t like that Hines left Wake the way he did. I felt no obligation to root for him at Oregon. I will hopefully take pleasure in seeing him lose to Wake this coming year. Seems like a pretty normal fan reaction to root against players who voluntarily leave your program, throw shade at your team, and then end up playing for one of your in state rivals.

Would be unusual if that wasn’t your reaction imo.

WF Football is Big Time under Clawson!
WakeyLeaks coaches go to coach for sometimes rival Carolina.
Disaffected players leave and play for arch rival NC State.
It’s all good!
Get used to a target on the back.

Hines left because he thought he had lost his job for good to Dortch. It really doesn't matter. By the time we play the 'necks, he will be hurt, off the team, pouting and not playing, etc. Who cares?

We'll always have the image of him watching the second half at App State in sweatpants after he didn't get the ball when he was wide-ass open downfield in the first half.

Someone give me the backstory on this??

We'll always have the image of him watching the second half at App State in sweatpants after he didn't get the ball when he was wide-ass open downfield in the first half.

Pretty sure he ran out on the field wearing a complete uniform to celebrate the blocked FG.

He also had a full meltdown on the sideline during the first half of the Utah State game for those who don't recall. I think that was when he started to see his playing time dwindle after the emergence of Dortch.

Hines did not leave WF as gracefully as some other athletes that moved on to other programs; I can understand some eye-roll action here concerning Hines' twitter comments which not-so subtly criticized WF football.

That said, he is a kid; I cut him some slack; at the time, he probably thought that he would have a big year at Oregon. BTW, in retrospect, with his 3 catches and 32 yards of receiving in 2018 and prompt transfer at the end of the season, his comments lauding Oregon look silly now. Apparently could not wait to leave Eugune. Except when the Pack plays at WF, hope things work out for him at State.

Before the season he was a good bet to get playing time. I think they only had one returning WR who had gotten meaningful catches. I’m guessing he asked to redshirt once it was clear he would start.

The list of kids who have played for three different schools at the D-I level can't be very long.

Hines did not leave WF as gracefully as some other athletes that moved on to other programs; I can understand some eye-roll action here concerning Hines' twitter comments which not-so subtly criticized WF football.

That said, he is a kid; I cut him some slack; at the time, he probably thought that he would have a big year at Oregon. BTW, in retrospect, with his 3 catches and 32 yards of receiving in 2018 and prompt transfer at the end of the season, his comments lauding Oregon look silly now. Apparently could not wait to leave Eugune. Except when the Pack plays at WF, hope things work out for him at State.

He's not a kid. He's a grown ass man. And a dick.

The list of kids who have played for three different schools at the D-I level can't be very long.

one of them was that seemingly 35-year old dude who played basketball for Oregon, right?

You all are as thin skinned as you accuse Tabari of being. One of our best players from 2017 graduated and moved on. It didn’t work out and now he’s finishing up his eligibility closer to home at a program where he’s needed.

This. I wish he was still a deac. Good player.

Back