• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tabari Hines to State

NC State badly needs some WR depth. His cousin, Nyhiem Hines, just graduated from state after a pretty successful career, and had a good rookie season for the colts. The move to State makes sense.

A lot of players want playing time, and would have voiced it via twitter or whatever social media outlet had it been available when I played. They were still great teammates. A few guys transferred for better opportunities, notably Zac Taylor, who ended up meeting Mike Sherman's daughter, marrying her, setting records at Nebraska, and going on to be an NFL head coach. Players should look out for themselves and want playing time. I don't expect 19-20 year old kids to always voice that appropriately, but that hardly makes him a "dick".

NC State badly needs some WR depth. His cousin, Nyhiem Hines, just graduated from state after a pretty successful career, and had a good rookie season for the colts. The move to State makes sense.

A lot of players want playing time, and would have voiced it via twitter or whatever social media outlet had it been available when I played. They were still great teammates. A few guys transferred for better opportunities, notably Zac Taylor, who ended up meeting Mike Sherman's daughter, marrying her, setting records at Nebraska, and going on to be an NFL head coach. Players should look out for themselves and want playing time. I don't expect 19-20 year old kids to always voice that appropriately, but that hardly makes him a "dick".

Of course. Many players transfer, but they don’t throw tantrums on the field (multiple times) and dog their former teammates to the press. His comments slighting the Wake QBs weren’t to social media, they were to the Oregon press.

Hines has a pretty long list of transgressions, and I’ve heard multiple times that there isn’t much love lost between him and the Wake players/coaches.

When were these multiple tantrums on the field? Next thing you all are going to claim he disguised himself as the pylon that almost killed Dortch.

i really rustled some of y'all's jimmies huh

but, please; resume anonymously shitting on a 22-year-old student athlete who, like you (or maybe not), is a Wake Forest alumnus

When were these multiple tantrums on the field? Next thing you all are going to claim he disguised himself as the pylon that almost killed Dortch.

That’s pretty funny! Though come to think of it, he did wear a lot of orange...

App St and Utah St were the games mentioned in this thread where he threw tantrums.

Surprised at the holier than thou fans sitting here telling Wake fans not to be upset about this...Every Wake fan I've talked to about this off the boards is pissed off and is rubbed the wrong way by it. If Tabari didn't trash Wolford on twitter and act like a little bitch while he was at Wake, then it would be a different story. Now he's going to a division rival...Yeah, we aren't dicks for throwing some shade Tabari's way...But I'm not going to sit here and argue this...so peace

Ok I lied...I'll add one more thing. If this were 95% of the rest of our team then it would indeed be OK...It'd sting but I certainly wouldn't have big problems with it. Tabari's reputation precedes him

The tantrums on the field were just practice for life as an NFL receiver. They are required antics

Didn't realize that Tabari and Nyhiem were cousins.

Surprised at the holier than thou fans sitting here telling Wake fans not to be upset about this...Every Wake fan I've talked to about this off the boards is pissed off and is rubbed the wrong way by it. If Tabari didn't trash Wolford on twitter and act like a little bitch while he was at Wake, then it would be a different story. Now he's going to a division rival...Yeah, we aren't dicks for throwing some shade Tabari's way...But I'm not going to sit here and argue this...so peace

You lost me here.

I don't know about a tantrum or not, but Hines did have some issues during the 1st half of the Utah State game. Ended up not watching the game and sitting on the bench away from the offense.

As far as the rest of it, whatever. Athletes leave schools for a variety of reasons. Maybe Hines ends up torching us and helping state win. Maybe he is a non-factor.

He has a Wake degree, so that makes him better than Crawford and Moore, right?

Didn't realize that Tabari and Nyhiem were cousins.

OMGawd, Tabari told Nyheim and his sister not to come to Wake!

Ok I lied...I'll add one more thing. If this were 95% of the rest of our team then it would indeed be OK...It'd sting but I certainly wouldn't have big problems with it. Tabari's reputation precedes him

Seriously. A few on here are suggesting we welcome Hines back warmly, despite everything that has transpired between him and Wake/coaches/teammates, while at the same time there is a thread created to call out Brandon Childress simply for trying to stay positive during a bad season. Just an odd juxtaposition.

Seriously. A few on here are suggesting we welcome Hines back warmly, despite everything that has transpired between him and Wake/coaches/teammates, while at the same time there is a thread created to call out Brandon Childress simply for trying to stay positive during a bad season. Just an odd juxtaposition.

Most of the things that happen here are odd

Can't they both be bad?

I'm not suggesting that we should welcome him back warmly. I'm just saying that adults anonymously shitting on a 22 year old fellow alumnus is a bad look.

JWB

Can't they both be bad?

I'm not suggesting that we should welcome him back warmly. I'm just saying that adults anonymously shitting on a 22 year old fellow alumnus is a bad look.

JWB

But not so bad if you sign your name after shitting on a 22 year old fellow alumnus. ;)

Winning fixes problems. Losing causes them.

Back