• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do you consider college students and athletes to be kids?

Do you consider college students and athletes to be kids?

• Yes (they are still children)

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • No (they are adults)

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • Doofi (everyone should embrace their inner child!)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BillBrasky

#PSF
Reaction score
Simple yes or no (or doofus). I've recently had this debate with some friends over drinks, and it generally relates to treatment of student athletes, so I'll post it on the sports board. If the mods decide to move it that's fine.

I vote no. They're old enough to serve in the military, and to be charged as an adult with a crime. Their decisions should have consequences, and coddling them by referring to them as children is not helping.

I'll leave it there for now. Interested to see what everyone else thinks.

I'm 72. My 47 year old son is a kid.

Yep, it's all about perspective. If you have children in college then you are more likely to consider them kids. If you are currently a college student, then you are probably more likely to consider them adults.

Your thread title uses the word kids and your poll question children. Maybe not by definition, but in terms of common usage there is a difference between the two. I would consider a 17 year old to be a kid, but not a child.

College kids are kids.

Physically - no
Mentally and emotionally - yes

I was raised that until you can financially support yourself without assistance from your family or government then your a child regardless of age.

Back