• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake guard Brandon Childress confident Deacs will be great

Except the players actually have personalities and will give interesting quotes, while Manning is the lamest dude to ever exist. Not exactly good for the ol' page views.

True. I'd rather he be the one embarrassing himself instead of the players. Maybe someone can ask how his boy is doing in his Player Development role.

He's right, there is enough talent on the team to be winning ball games. We just lack leadership and a game plan. Unfortunately those things are important.

He's right, there is enough talent on the team to be winning ball games. We just lack leadership and a game plan. Unfortunately those things are important.

I thought part of Ernie Nestor's job was to help with game planning. A few games back there was mention of players not following the scouting report, and presumably the game plan.

Brandon's quote was as much about him continuing to shoot after he had a bad game in that area. Like Randolph's "I'm hot..." after half a dozen straight missed shots.

Honestly, the players (Childress, Hoard, Mucius, etc) have all been pretty impressive with interviews this year in spite of how awful the team is doing.

It is a much better vibe than what we were hearing last year from Crawford, Moore, & Woods.

No idea what that means in terms of actually winning games going forward, but it seems like the team is still fighting.

This thread is bizarre to me.

Love that Brandon Childress still believes in his team. Laudable.

Yea, so let's have the players embarrass themselves with stuff like what Childress just said. Manning needs to be giving all interviews and no more from the players.

Embarrassed to who? How many people at this point are reading Wake Forest basketball interviews - 8? The only reason I clicked on this thread was the lunacy of the title, I have no reason to click on the actual link.

I thought part of Ernie Nestor's job was to help with game planning. A few games back there was mention of players not following the scouting report, and presumably the game plan.

Brandon's quote was as much about him continuing to shoot after he had a bad game in that area. Like Randolph's "I'm hot..." after half a dozen straight missed shots.

Following the scouting report is about defending the opponent. So at least they are watching film of the opponent.

I still don't think they have an overall game plan or philosophy on offense or defense.

Well, other than "guard your damn man" and "paint touches".

Brandon said it but i dont think anyone actually believes it, including himself.

You guys ever had a bad boss? Did you and your team just pack it up and blame everything on the boss? Or did you find personal motivation to still produce the best product in spite of the circumstance? How anyone can question a player for believing in their team and themselves is beyond me.

If the players have this fire, then it only makes me question Manning more, not the players.

I would hope the kids keep their confidence up. Tough to stay positive during this shit show.

I like hoards comments. The point about accountability struck me as being honest and potentially frustrated with coach or teammates. Maybe that honesty keeps him at wake (under a new coach please!) For another year.

Yeah, this is a real weird thread. Not sure why anyone is knocking Childress on his responses. What is he supposed to say?

racer's kinda lost perspective in his efforts to shit talk manning and wellman

Lol, I shared an article. Les thought it was worth publishing after conducting the interview. I thought it was worth sharing. It's an odd take from the leader of our team and worth discussing IMO. The other interactions between BC and RC in the article are interesting as well. There's a general lack of anyone in the program seeming to understand with any seriousness what is actually wrong and what might actually solve it. Zero details from the head coach, but it's fairly obvious that he's not just shy or awkward about sharing them in interviews since his players don't seem to have a game plan either.

Last edited:
Following the scouting report is about defending the opponent. So at least they are watching film of the opponent.

I still don't think they have an overall game plan or philosophy on offense or defense.

Well, other than "guard your damn man" and "paint touches".

There is also the "Brandon do something" play.

giphy.gif

Here is some video of that interview:

Lol, I shared an article. Les thought it was worth publishing after conducting the interview. I thought it was worth sharing. It's an odd take from the leader of our team and worth discussing IMO. The other interactions between BC and RC in the article are interesting as well. There's a general lack of anyone in the program seeming to understand with any seriousness what is actually wrong and what might actually solve it. Zero details from the head coach, but it's fairly obvious that he's not just shy or awkward about sharing them in interviews since his players don't seem to have a game plan either.

What should he have said there? He can't say we are going to make changes in order to get better because his coach is committed to staying the course. Really all he can say is we are going to keep doing what we have been doing and hope it works, because that's all their getting for the coaching staff.

It is not like he is going to say we suck and are going to continue to suck. Of all the shit that surrounds this dumpster fire, BChill is not part of the problem. The dude goes out twice a week and gives his everything out on the court and bust his ass for a game that can't be any fun right now. Can't hate the kid because Danny is trash.

Back