• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake guard Brandon Childress confident Deacs will be great

RacerDeac

#iwasright #rjlies
Reaction score
Article from Les:
https://247sports.com/college/wake-...fident-Deacs-will-be-a-great-team--128415402/

“People see the potential of this team,” Childress said. “We’re young. We’ll be fine. Once we get on a roll, you’ll see. I have no doubt we’ll be a great team.”

I don't know what to take from Childress' interviews anymore. I can't tell whether he and others on the team really believe this, or if this is just the persona they've developed to deal with sucking. I'd be far more encouraged if the players were pissed off and unhappy, but given that their head coach assures them that it's all on them and just the result of not working hard enough, I guess these type quotes shouldn't be surprising.

Hopefully Wellman doesn't screw this up by firing Manning.

It's good to be positive, but damn.

You can't fix something if you are unaware that it is broken.

Keep in mind Manning got this job after starting a season 8-10 then going on a run that he did “nothing” to start but he attributes it to the players working harder.

I'm not sure what he's supposed to say at this point. It's not like he can just come out and say we flat out suck. Stop asking me questions.

I'm not sure what he's supposed to say at this point. It's not like he can just come out and say we flat out suck. Stop asking me questions.

If his coach had a plan, he'd be able to repeat that. Since his coach has zero idea, this is what we get. Wellman has done a disservice to these players by allowing this to continue.

If his coach had a plan, he'd be able to repeat that. Since his coach has zero idea, this is what we get. Wellman has done a disservice to these players by allowing this to continue.

Cut the young man some slack. He is doing the best he can with a shit situation. Threads like this are idiotic

They just need to stop interviewing the players and just interview the head man in charge of the mess.

They just need to stop interviewing the players and just interview the head man in charge of the mess.

Everyone, from local to the national press, has treated Manning with kid gloves. No one wants to embarrass a legend.

Even if he’s embarrassing himself.

Cut the young man some slack. He is doing the best he can with a shit situation. Threads like this are idiotic

Good post—hopefully Brandon is playing well enough this year and next to get an overseas contract. I would assume that would be a goal, but have no idea how easy or hard it is to get a slot over there.

Everyone, from local to the national press, has treated Manning with kid gloves. No one wants to embarrass a legend.

Yea, so let's have the players embarrass themselves with stuff like what Childress just said. Manning needs to be giving all interviews and no more from the players.

Yea, so let's have the players embarrass themselves with stuff like what Childress just said. Manning needs to be giving all interviews and no more from the players.
Except the players actually have personalities and will give interesting quotes, while Manning is the lamest dude to ever exist. Not exactly good for the ol' page views.

Back