• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report - Louisville Cardinals - Wednesday 8 pm ACC Network

its official...i want Clawson picking 12 players from the football squad and finishing the basketball season with them. guaruntee the d would be better at least. after a few games the offense would get going. sam can probably drain some 3s

IDK about Sam but Sage definitely can.

possible that maybe we stacked so many days that they tipped over and fell and shattered everywhere resulting in this dumpsterfuck weve been witnessing?

Also, our guys didn't make shots. They have got to be ready on the catch. We clearly didn't work on being ready on the catch while stacking good days of practice this week.

its official...i want Clawson picking 12 players from the football squad and finishing the basketball season with them. guaruntee the d would be better at least. after a few games the offense would get going. sam can probably drain some 3s

Mike Edwards designated lane defender.

I was at the game, and it was hideous.

Manning better get his fucking fat head out of his ass and realize what the fuck is going on! This team has no voice, no direction, no leader, and the coach could easily be replaced with a toilet brush.

I get that wake is “too classy” to let a coach go mid season (which is dumb anyway) but at some point the classiness of protecting a coach, hurts everyone else around the program, especially the players. I really do feel for these kids. They could have a fresh start with an interim coach and feel a little re-energized for the second half of acc play. Otherwise, they’re going to have to get humiliated like this every night.

To be fair, firing him now would give someone on our current staff an opportunity to prove themselves, when it's obvious we need to clean house. We don't have disciplined guards, our bigs look terrible, and our wings are getting by on raw athleticism alone. We don't run a coherant offense. Our defense is horrendous. Literally no one on the coaching staff is doing a good job.

At 14;19 of the second half Aaron Spivey and Michael Wynn entered the game for the Deacs. The score was 62-29. At 13:09 Sunday Okeke entered the game. At 8:10 of the second half Spivey, Wynn and Okeke were replaced. The score was 68-40. During the five minutes those three players were on the floor the Deacs outscored Louisville 11-6. It was the best basketball played by the Deacons the entire game. Pitiful effort.

I know there’s nothing else they can do, but it is so embarrassing to see the bench stand up and clap when we make a layup down 35. This whole thing is just beyond words...

What pose did the bearded guy use when we got it back inside of 30 last night?

To be fair, firing him now would give someone on our current staff an opportunity to prove themselves, when it's obvious we need to clean house. We don't have disciplined guards, our bigs look terrible, and our wings are getting by on raw athleticism alone. We don't run a coherant offense. Our defense is horrendous. Literally no one on the coaching staff is doing a good job.

This is my feeling on mid season firings. Not a lot of point to them unless there’s a mid season hiring too.

This is my feeling on mid season firings. Not a lot of point to them unless there’s a mid season hiring too.

One potential plus is a boost in attendance. I know I would be more interested in watching if Manning was gone and the announcers were talking about potential replacements during the broadcast.

One potential plus is a boost in attendance. I know I would be more interested in watching if Manning was gone and the announcers were talking about potential replacements during the broadcast.

All the more reason not to do it. Clean slate.

All the more reason not to do it. Clean slate.

What do you mean? It only helps if there’s national buzz about the opening and the narrative when we lose is if Nate Oats will come to the ACC to revitalize Tim Duncan and Chris Paul’s alma mater.

What do you mean? It only helps if there’s national buzz about the opening and the narrative when we lose is if Nate Oats will come to the ACC to revitalize Tim Duncan and Chris Paul’s alma mater.

I just don’t buy that premise. There is no more excitement for the UCLA job than there would be if it opened in March. Worst case scenario is a short term blip under Childress or Nestor that gets everyone sentimental about keeping them around. I wouldn’t risk that for a situation that doesn’t offer a lot of upside.

Again, stop caring. I have. Watch our baseball team. Pre season ranked. More historic for us.

Just looked at the box score... Literally the ONLY thing that was a positive was 16-19 from the FT line. Everything else was just terrible.

In terms of a mid-season firing, I go back and forth. I'm not sure it really creates any kind of buzz (as Deacfreak07 mentioned about UCLA)... Nothing meaningful, anyway. It does mean that your opening is out there for everyone to see... So i guess that could get some conversations going earlier than they would otherwise. But I also don't think it'll be surprising for anyone when he gets fired in 6-8 weeks.

Manning will certainly be fired after the season. It’s over.

I just wonder if we can get a hire in here good enough and maybe fast enough to prevent more defections whether to the pros (Hoard - who isn’t ready) or anyone else to transfer. So that we can at least put a team in the floor next season.

Just think about how bad this is for Evan. Your alma mater sucks and you are forced to do the play by play, nearly every game.

I thought this several times throughout the broadcast (and many past games). At least he got to do a segment on Putters.

I just don’t buy that premise. There is no more excitement for the UCLA job than there would be if it opened in March. Worst case scenario is a short term blip under Childress or Nestor that gets everyone sentimental about keeping them around. I wouldn’t risk that for a situation that doesn’t offer a lot of upside.

A positive vibe to end the season may help keep some players here. At this point, the players might be so miserable and uncoached that they just want to leave.

It would also help revitalize the fan base and would signal to that fan base that the AD is not the tone deaf idiot that he appears to be.

Nester need to be the interim coach and Wake needs to try and win a few games.

Back