• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning last 4 minutes in ACC games

There is no doubt that opponents are well aware that if the game is tight late, WF will find a way to lose. To some degree, the results in close games are random, but when the same result (WF losing) keeps happening over and over again, it is no longer random.

Wake basketball players are the anti-Jamie Newman.

Now do one for the opening 4 minutes of the second half. Let's see how those inspirational Danny Manning speeches fared over the last 5 seasons.

Another way to look at that is we are 11-15 when tied or leading at the 4 min mark. That's an incredible stat.

Wonder how many games where we were down by 3 or less with under 4 minutes and ended up losing by more than 3? I think I said this last year: if Wake isn't up by at least 10 with a minute or less to go, I pretty much concede that we are going to lose.

I dare say that the last few minutes of close games comes down to half-court basketball more than the rest of the game, and we are terrible at both half-court offense and defense. Also, coaching gets interjected more into the last few minutes of games, with all of the timeouts that get called. Again, another area where we have a big disadvantage.

Wasn't Skip something like 55-1 when leading with five minutes to go in the second half?

Still amazed with 2 really good pro guards on that coaching staff that our guards over this current administration have not improved their play, especially in these types of situations. They always go to "hero ball" instead of team ball. So frustrating.

Randolph played hero ball, but he ended up as the hero most of the time.

Wonder how many games where we were down by 3 or less with under 4 minutes and ended up losing by more than 3? I think I said this last year: if Wake isn't up by at least 10 with a minute or less to go, I pretty much concede that we are going to lose.

I dare say that the last few minutes of close games comes down to half-court basketball more than the rest of the game, and we are terrible at both half-court offense and defense. Also, coaching gets interjected more into the last few minutes of games, with all of the timeouts that get called. Again, another area where we have a big disadvantage.

You can go to the link and look it up.

What year was that ridiculous choke-job against UVA? 2016? That was an all-timer.

January 22, 2016. WF led UVA 70-63 with 22 seconds left. WF's win probability was 99.8%. UVA banked in a 3 pointer at the buzzer.

How many leads have we had this year with 4 mins to go? We are awful. Just looked at the team shooting percentages and team stats and there are many reasons why we lose, and even poor game management by Danny at the end of games would be tough to prove since we are just so awful at scoring the BB. I knew we were bad, but man, tough to win many games shooting 42% and 31% from deep, 11 assists per game and -2 A/TO /gm. Even with John Collins scoring 20 at a 60% clip we'd be lucky to win half our games.

Another favorite was the ACC home opener 2 years ago vs Clemson. Up 13 with 5 minutes left we lost by 7. That takes great talent to blow so bad.

Deacons were 13-33 in the games listed by bloggersodear. 28.2%. Deacs are 21-58 under Manning in ACC play. 26.6%. Consistent. Lousy.

At least DM is tied for a record that he will keep for eternity; never trailed at the 20:00 min mark of the first half.

Back