• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dino Costume

Yes. It was hilarious watching him. He knew full well those Louisville starters weren’t going to the bench. I’m embarrassed for our University to be associated with Ron Wellman.

Could you elaborate? Did he look at all embarrassed/angry by this shit sandwich he makes us eat every fucking acc game

You brought it to the game and they turned you away? If so, that’s awesome that you brought it!
yeah I brought it and thanks

best part of attending Wake basketball is the halftime show and catching up with friends (could do this at a brewery instead)

sad that when a fan tries to inject Wake enthusiasm into a lifeless arena it is denied

Many board members contributed to purchasing the Dino Costume and shipping it from South America to Winston-Salem

We deacon-ized Dino with a gold bow tie and a XXXL tie dye

I wore the costume to many games and have a lot of good memories with it, ChiefAce and others also did a great job donning the suit

Tonight security made crystal clear costumes are no longer allowed in the Joel

So now what? Sell it and donate the funds to the boards? Wait until next year’s Louisville game and give it another go? Give it to Louisville student section?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IkN6e1Ta87o

Did you contemplate getting belligerent with security just to see what they would do?

Could you elaborate? Did he look at all embarrassed/angry by this shit sandwich he makes us eat every fucking acc game

He isn't embarrassed or angry. He's laughing all the way to the bank, just like Manning.

I wore the costume to many games and have a lot of good memories with it, ChiefAce and others also did a great job donning the suit

Tonight security made crystal clear costumes are no longer allowed in the Joel

That's weak. Major props for making the trek and trying.

I'll never forget the dilapidated, cumbersome, and sketchy packaging that it came in from the other side of the world. The costume also made an appearance for at least one Deacon wedding :dancindeac:

I agree with others in donating it to the Wake Forest Historical Museum or even ZSR.

Last edited:
Did you contemplate getting belligerent with security just to see what they would do?
Yeah but I wasn’t in the mood for jail. There are cops everywhere at arenas.

I tried to route the costume through a few students but they warned about the new strict policies and they ‘didn’t want to go on probation’.

Agree with others about donating it to the university. When we are all olds we can look back an fondly remember the days.

Good on you for trying to get it into the arena last night. Reminds me of my undergraduate years when we took a mounted mountain goat head to the Dean Dome for the UNC games. Back before security was as tight as it is now, so we slapped on some UNC shirts posing as Carolina students, but also carried in a noose. We got it through the gates then switched to our normal gear and paraded around the dome with a hanging goat effigy a couple times before someone complained and security took it away. Luckily, they kept it in storage and we were able to pick it up after the game.

Maybe Bcobb will wear it to The Table

Would not fit me, sit across from Mitt Shah on the court and he looked shell shocked after half time, have also heard that BOT is unofficially discussing the bad situation( because they are not meeting but will at there next meeting). For the poster from last weekend, the BOT does have high degree of power in coaching hires and terminations if there is consensus.

Someone has to make the admittedly lame, low hanging fruit joke so I guess I will... Danny Manning comes dressed as a head coach to each game, so I guess some costumes are allowed?

If that’s how head coaches dress then I’m glad I’m not in that profession. Except for the money. There is that.

That's weak. Major props for making the trek and trying.

I'll never forget the dilapidated, cumbersome, and sketchy packaging that it came in from the other side of the world. The costume also made an appearance for at least one Deacon wedding :dancindeac:

I agree with others in donating it to the Wake Forest Historical Museum or even ZSR.

Agreed about finding a way to save it. At least the head. I could be wrong, but I think I found the thing on Ebay and the boards did their magic. Had it going like a little WSU gameday flag hand-off there for a bit :)

I actually think it'd be pretty cool to pass it to L'ville if there is somebody willing to wear it.

Agreed. I couldn't pull for Louisville with Pitino there and although I don't really care for them that much now, I am rooting for Chris and Dino to do well. I especially want them to beat the shit of Carolina/Duke.

Yeah, find a student at Louisville. Would make for a good story.

Back