• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning's future

What do you think should happen with Manning?

• We're young - Manning needs at least another season.

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • Undecided - let's see how the season finishes and then make a decision.

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Definitely fire him - but wait until after the season.

Votes: 39 19.8%
  • Fire him right now - at least show the fans that this won't continue.

Votes: 149 75.6%

• Total voters
Fire him now, make Ernie or Randolph interim coach to finish out the season, have the BOT conduct search and bring in fresh blood for 2020. I'd love to bring in a proven coach who already has a strong recruiting pipeline over the next couple of years...Would greatly help to jump start the rebuild.

Would it really shock anyone if he doesn't get fired ?

I say fire now. It also lets the coaches around the country know that Wake is looking and gives a head start on the search. If RC is the temp, then he has a chance to audition to keep a spot on the next staff or a head job somewhere else.

"has a chance"

That shouldn't be too difficult for you to understand. Doesn't imply guarantee. If the team improved, would it be impossible for him to be the HC at Pembroke, Brevard or some other random entry level place?

"has a chance"

That shouldn't be too difficult for you to understand. Doesn't imply guarantee. If the team improved, would it be impossible for him to be the HC at Pembroke, Brevard or some other random entry level place?

It was more in response to your "next staff" comment...as if the all-time losingest assistant in Wake Forest history would be kept onto a 3rd staff in a row by choice of anyone we hire.

You are putting a lot of faith in the next hire. I doubt a solid incoming coach would keep him as associate HC, but I wouldn't be surprised if he were retained. Stranger things have happened in the last decade.

*This is all with the assumption that the team improved with him as the leader

Last edited:
Danny is going to be fired, and it is going to happen a couple days after the season. Wellman will issue a statement about the great young men he's brought into the program, but we need to go a different direction. He'll probably go back to Kansas and be an assistant, which is what he should be.

As much as I hate the prospect of starting over AGAIN after 10 years of this nonsense, I think the conclusion that DM is in over his head is inescapable. In a series of inexcusable things, the one thing that I can't get past is that he said that we would "hang our hat on defense" at his very first Presser. We haven't played defense since. He struck gold with John Collins. He has done very little else noteworthy.

Back