• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

3 Assists

Shows that Danny has the team playing together, but independently.

assists are overrated. this team is compiled of such greatness and coaching prowess, they don't need an assist to score

Product of that Childress dribble around set offense we run.

Yeah, ChiLLLLLLLLLLLLdress is simply not an ACC level distributor. On top of that, anyone he passes the ball to is likely to miss an open look.

This team sucks and having ChiLLLLLLLLLLLLdress as your starting PG is a big reason why.

Just need to work a little harder. We'll be great!

danny-manning.jpg

"WHO NEEDS DIMES WHEN WE GETTIN DOLLARS!"

Childress would be a serviceable 2-guard on a non-ACC team. He never looks to pass first or facilitate. Having an offense "flow" through an emotionally erratic player is one of our many problems.

He's been playing out of position all year but with no viable option as backup at PG, I guess Manning's hands are tied. I personally like Wright as PG, or even Hoard, but his many TOs would not help. But maybe anything would be better at this point. The walk-on lineup actually made plays and went on a run during garbage time with Wright at PG.

You guys are looking at this the wrong way.

We had one assist in the first half.
We had two assists in the second half.
That is a 100% improvement in just the span of one half.

If we can keep improving our assists at a 100% rate each half (doubling), we should be setting scoring records in a few weeks. By the ACC Tournament, we'll be scoring in the tens of thousands each game.

That's how it works, right?

Seriously, 3 assists is like something I'd try to do in the old NBA Jam game... "Let's see if I can score 100 points with just Dan Majerle, while not passing the ball ever to my teammate."

You must be confusing our offense with a good one. We are a team that simply tries to get fouled.

You must be confusing our offense with a good one. We are a team that simply tries to get fouled.

You don't get assist for going to the free throw line.

Seriously, that is almost impossible to do.

Not sure how that happens on a great team.

To be clear, I wasn't blaming Brandon Childress. Manning is the man in charge of supposedly installing some semblance of organized basketball.

To be clear, I wasn't blaming Brandon Childress. Manning is the man in charge of supposedly installing some semblance of organized basketball.

I don't blame him either. He's just not good enough to be the best player on a P6 team.

While Manning should share a good portion of the blame for the way the offense operates, the lack of assists also greatly reflects our talent level .Without getting too personal, we have a conglomeration of players with poor court vision, slow reactions and poor hands. In an attempt to feed the post like Manning wants, we might double our turnovers. The overall exception to these comments would be Hoard .

Hoard is not an exception, although he'd have a lot better numbers and look like a much better player on a team with a really good point guard and another true offensive threat on the floor.

Back