• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

3 Assists

While Manning should share a good portion of the blame for the way the offense operates, the lack of assists also greatly reflects our talent level .Without getting too personal, we have a conglomeration of players with poor court vision, slow reactions and poor hands. In an attempt to feed the post like Manning wants, we might double our turnovers. The overall exception to these comments would be Hoard .
Mucius has a pretty bad case of tunnel vision, never mind that he thinks he's 10x the shooter he actually is. He's pretty rough to watch right now. Hopefully a new coach and another year of experience will help him out.

Until proven otherwise manning gets the blame. I don't think we have any real idea how this collection of players would work under a different coach. I'm guessing about 20 minutes of the NC state game comes closest to giving us a glimpse into what this collection of players could be this season.

Thanks Ron.

Firing danny mid season does one of two things for the players. They tune out because they really like danny or they feel like the adults around them have their interests at heart and they get a different perspective of what a coach is/does. I am not sure firing mid or post season is better. It probably only really matters to excite the fan base and I would be excited. To any prospective coach that says "you fired him mid season" I would say "he started blaming the kids and that is a deal breaker for us. I asked his thoughts on righting the ship and he had no ideas."

Shows that Danny has the team playing together, but independently.

pitiful just plain and simple pitiful when you only get 3 assists in a game. Means you are playing that hero ball as all the coaches are calling it and nobody is looking to pass to each other in the team concept. This team has quit on their coaches and each other. But yet they give all this great lip service after each and every devastating loss going back to Houston Baptist that they will change.

pitiful just plain and simple pitiful when you only get 3 assists in a game. Means you are playing that hero ball as all the coaches are calling it and nobody is looking to pass to each other in the team concept. This team has quit on their coaches and each other. But yet they give all this great lip service after each and every devastating loss going back to Houston Baptist that they will change.

totally disagree re: quitting on the coaches and each other; I think they want to do what the coaches are asking them to do, but they are not receiving competent coaching

While Manning should share a good portion of the blame for the way the offense operates, the lack of assists also greatly reflects our talent level .Without getting too personal, we have a conglomeration of players with poor court vision, slow reactions and poor hands. In an attempt to feed the post like Manning wants, we might double our turnovers. The overall exception to these comments would be Hoard .

It's much easier to have better vision when you are prepared. Everyone should know where the other 4 players are at all times on offense, and they do if they have been coached in any sort of systems. Know your outlets. Know your options. Plan A isn't open? Plan B. Plan B isn't open? Plan C. Every player recognizes when the plan shifts given where the ball goes. College offenses are fluid and based on what defenses give/take away. Well, good ones anyway. Our players don't slide to open spots on drives, don't hold help off on the box. It's not as simple as "Get the ball inside." It should be "look for the inside option, it's open after X phase in the offense."

Maybe the players were auditioning for Mike Antoni. After all the Rox coach is perfectly OK with Hardin going over 200 points without scoring off an assist.

My understanding from the radio commentary was that Louisville was double teaming ChiLLLLLLLLLLLLdress when he got the ball, so it's not surprising that he didn't put up great stats last night. Still he was our leading scorer with 13 points on 3-10 shooting, which is ridiculous. Also led the team with 2 assists, 2 steals, 6-6 free throws, and 5 turnovers. The box score is just depressing. Basically Louisville shut down our whole offense by focusing on one player.

My understanding from the radio commentary was that Louisville was double teaming ChiLLLLLLLLLLLLdress when he got the ball, so it's not surprising that he didn't put up great stats last night. Still he was our leading scorer with 13 points on 3-10 shooting, which is ridiculous. Also led the team with 2 assists, 2 steals, 6-6 free throws, and 5 turnovers. The box score is just depressing. Basically Louisville shut down our whole offense by focusing on one player.

Turns out that Dino guy can coach D.

By the way, it does look like on February 5, 1975, WF managed just 1 assist in a game at Duke (shocking given Skip Brown was on that team)

here

Maybe the players were auditioning for Mike Antoni. After all the Rox coach is perfectly OK with Hardin going over 200 points without scoring off an assist.

And they'll learn defense from the best.

An assist used to require a score without a dribble. The judgement has been loosened.

Back to the UL game and holy shit:

Last edited:
Much appreciated on the link, thatguy2016.

I'd love to be able to answer the practice question. I'm efforting on doing so, though everybody allowed to watch and participating swears that practices leading up to this game and the Miami game were great.

Much appreciated on the link, thatguy2016.

I'd love to be able to answer the practice question. I'm efforting on doing so, though everybody allowed to watch and participating swears that practices leading up to this game and the Miami game were great.
Of course, one must consider the source. Does anyone on this team really know what a great practice is? Hell, Chill thinks the team is just a little work from greatness.

Back