• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Today is the day

I don't know how any of you guys think Manning is a better guy than BZ. Manning accepts no blame, attempts no changes, and by all appearances gives no shits.

He is not an improvement over BZ in any way except for recruiting.

He accepts no accountability. He and Wellman are two of a kind. Completely useless waste of humanity.

I don't know how any of you guys think Manning is a better guy than BZ. Manning accepts no blame, attempts no changes, and by all appearances gives no shits.

He is not an improvement over BZ in any way except for recruiting.

He accepts no accountability. He and Wellman are two of a kind. Completely useless waste of humanity.

This. 100%

BZ was miserable when we were losing. He even yelled Bull CRAP ! one time...The dude was awkward, couldn't recruit, couldn't motivate, BUT, he has forgotten more basketball knowledge than Danny will ever have.

BZ was miserable when we were losing. He even yelled Bull CRAP ! one time...The dude was awkward, couldn't recruit, couldn't motivate, BUT, he has forgotten more basketball knowledge than Danny will ever have.

Early onset Alzheimer?

images

Lots of talk about "The Wake Forest Way". Well the wfu way should be exactly what Clawson did. Identify the problem, give the guy in charge a chance to fix it and then fire his are if he fails to fix the problem and get it fixed. DM refuses to identify the problem. Has no idea how to fix it and should be fired Now!!!. If Wellman can't or won't then it is time for Hatch to earn his huge salary

The difference between Bz and Manning is that Bz was not a mean guy but historically bad at communicating and motivating anyone, plus most of his players liked him or at least tolerated him . Manning not only is bad at communication, he just refuses to do it, with the media, the public, at his press conferences, and evidently with his players as well. To put it bluntly, Manning doesn't care what anyone thinks about anything except for those in his close private circle. I do believe also that Bz did care about his team and Manning appears not to care about much of anything outside of his family and closest friends.We have a lot of pictures here showing Bz morose or looking totally defeated because he cared, anybody seen that from Manning? He is a Ron Wellman clone emotionally and that is why he did "so well" in his job interview with the "chairman"

The difference between Bz and Manning is that Bz was not a mean guy but historically bad at communicating and motivating anyone, plus most of his players liked him or at least tolerated him . Manning not only is bad at communication, he just refuses to do it, with the media, the public, at his press conferences, and evidently with his players as well. To put it bluntly, Manning doesn't care what anyone thinks about anything except for those in his close private circle. I do believe also that Bz did care about his team and Manning appears not to care about much of anything outside of his family and closest friends.We have a lot of pictures here showing Bz morose or looking totally defeated because he cared, anybody seen that from Manning? He is a Ron Wellman clone emotionally and that is why he did "so well" in his job interview with the "chairman"

Good post. Agree with all of this and it's sad that if given the choice between BZ or Danny to coach the rest of this season, I'd choose BZ 10 times outta 10

Thanks for publicly calling for change. You should also do so with your real name via email, phone and social media. All Wake alums know this must occur. Only those who care more about their relationship with the AD and staff more than our basketball staff have not been doing so. Thanks for crossing over.
You do realize that the phone is ringing off the hook at the deacon club? The idea that the athletic Administration isn't hearing it from the fan base and doesn't know how they feel is bizarre

Last edited:
Don't see any upside to a mid-season firing. Not like any perspective coach is going to talk to us in the middle of his season. As long as it happens within 48 hours of our last game, I'm fine with it.

Wellman has to go through the song and dance of his end of season meeting and make a decision after that. It would break from a lot of the Wake Forest way for Wellman to fire him during the ACCT. I’m guessing the Tuesday after the tournament, a week after our last game if at all.

I had a dream last night where I was in the AD and witnessed Wellman have a complete breakdown from all the losing/fan "pressure", run into Manning's office, beat the shit out of him (old man strength), and fire him. It was a weird and hilariously awesome dream.

This is a good post. Buzz's players definitely liked him. I remember Roundtree being really upset when the Quad was rolled after he left. I can't say that any of Manning's players seem to like him.

This is a good post. Buzz's players definitely liked him. I remember Roundtree being really upset when the Quad was rolled after he left.

I always assumed it was Stockholm Syndrome.

It's pointless to fire anyone as long as wellman is our AD. Period. Why follow two horrible hires with a third?

Lots of talk about "The Wake Forest Way". Well the wfu way should be exactly what Clawson did. Identify the problem, give the guy in charge a chance to fix it and then fire his are if he fails to fix the problem and get it fixed. DM refuses to identify the problem. Has no idea how to fix it and should be fired Now!!!. If Wellman can't or won't then it is time for Hatch to earn his huge salary

What you proposes makes sense. But leadership at WFU doesn’t think like you. They think about themselves instead of the University.

Hatch won’t do anything. Everyone knows he and Wellman suck each other’s dicks.

It's pointless to fire anyone as long as wellman is our AD. Period. Why follow two horrible hires with a third?

Because Wellman has given us no indication that his retirement is imminent. Because time matters, meaning that nine years of irrelevance is better than twelve. Because Wellman has demonstrated he's at least capable of hiring a good basketball coach (Skip), albeit a long time ago. And because Manning is so bad that, through nothing more than regression to the mean, Wellman is likely to make a better hire this time around than the last two.

Back