• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Today is the day

“(zqglass), I try to respond to all emails. While I do appreciate that you took the time to respond, I wish that you knew who would be reading those responses and the impact it could have on them. If I can address anything, I'd be happy to connect over the phone, but I'd ask out of respect to those who read our Deacon Club emails, please refrain from putting it on them.
Gerard”

oh my

somebody get the bubble wrap for this poor widdle fella

Weird response overall if the anti-Ron comment wasn't way over the top. Even then, the "please think of the people working for the Deacon Club who read emails" tact in response to a criticism of Ron Wellman is odd. Why would someone reading emails for the Deacon Club be impacted by a comment criticizing the AD?

WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN.

I ran into some young AD employees out having drinks a few years ago. Pretty sure I posted about it. I'd say this fits in exactly with the people I met.

Sounds like some of the fans on the Wake Forest sports fan group on Facebook. Any criticism of any aspect of the basketball program is like some slanderous affront to the dignity of decency

Yeah. I was sitting close to courtside at the Wake-Louisville game, and made a few jokes about Manning's in-game coaching. Some young "official" in a blazer and tie looked up from his phone long enough to give me the frowny-face.

This is why we don’t win. We have a loser mentality in our fanbase and leadership.

Sounds like a codpiece kind of guy that codpiece Ron would hire.

Whoever’s job at the AD it is to comb through the boards can do us a solid and tell Gerry to stop being such a little bitch. Sorry you had to read this.

Hey Gerry, time to make sure there's enough TP in the men's restrooms. Be sure to check every stall or Ron's gonna get mad !

Hey Gerry, time to make sure there's enough TP in the men's restrooms. Be sure to check every stall or Ron's gonna get mad !

As if Ron Wellman uses a public restroom. He's seems like one of those guys who has his own private throne built into his office.

As if Ron Wellman uses a public restroom. He's seems like one of those guys who has his own private throne built into his office.

That prune juice comes out quick. No way he can make it out of his office in time.

Also, Gerry, Mr. Ron likes his prune juice at room temperature, so don’t forget to take it out of the fridge now or it won’t warm up in time for his 10:30 am lunch.

Looks like he only posted twice after joining the AD, and last logged on, at least under that name, in 2016. Then again, no need to logon to lurk. Maybe he really has isolated himself from the fan base since becoming a Wellman minion and that's why his feeling got hurt?

Back