• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Today is the day

This thread is gold. Looking at his old posts, I like how a few years ago the AD's office wanted to positively market the University with likeable coaches that stay out of trouble. Danny Manning is not likeable to fans or local news coverage of the program. Watching his press conferences makes me angry. Jones could not stay out of trouble, and we know that story. These guys still employed by Wake Forest? Good job ADs office!

This thread is gold. Looking at his old posts, I like how a few years ago the AD's office wanted to positively market the University with likeable coaches that stay out of trouble. Danny Manning is not likeable to fans or local news coverage of the program. Watching his press conferences makes me angry. Jones could not stay out of trouble, and we know that story. These guys still employed by Wake Forest? Good job ADs office!

The best people

Scissoring

62pk.gif

Came from D Manning's twitter and hasn't been retweeted yet by WF MBB twitter or the WF MBB recruiting twitter. I'm hoping they never retweet it.

Danny Manning works for Wake Forest, until hes notified of his firing (end of the season) he will continue to do his job. Recruiting, camps and coach games. I wouldnt worry too much about it.

Danny Manning works for Wake Forest, until hes notified of his firing (end of the season) he will continue to do his job. Recruiting, camps and coach games. I wouldnt worry too much about it.

Coach games? Does he do any actual coaching?

Below is from a Deacon Club tweet a few months ago from their staff retreat.

Sincere question - does it really take 26 people to handle the day to day operations of the Deacon Club? What exactly do they do all day? I know in my 30 years as a member I've asked a question maybe twice and each time it took a painfully long time to get a response.

DlKcVxQXoAAvrto.jpg

By comparison, the Rams Club has 37 for a much much bigger alumni base.

Nowadays you need a lot of people, not real lean, to account for:

Maternity leave
The dreaded paternity leave
FMLA for that 8 week recovery from a torn labrum since I play racquetball at lunch every day for 90 minutes
The 8:00 to 3:30 gotta pickup the kids flex schedule
The dreaded work from home agreement, which yields about 15 productive hours, not project based, per week
Conference calls with key donors
And my personal favorite: dog needs his shots
Actually, my favorite: two hour weekly block to get my allergy shot done, usually an 8 am to 10 am block

All that shit takes 20 plus people to get anything done.

Hell, how many people work in Study Abroad? 15, 20? It used to be 2.

Last edited:
Below is from a Deacon Club tweet a few months ago from their staff retreat.

Sincere question - does it really take 26 people to handle the day to day operations of the Deacon Club? What exactly do they do all day? I know in my 30 years as a member I've asked a question maybe twice and each time it took a painfully long time to get a response.

DlKcVxQXoAAvrto.jpg

Where’s Gerry?

Number of kids who are disappointed when Manning isn’t there for the camp?

Zero

What would a kid learn at that camp anyway? Certainly not defense.

If they actually get any kids signed up the new staff will run it.

Back