• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Today is the day

deacfan123

Reaction score
Today is the day to fire Danny Manning. We are coming off of an absolutely embarrassing home loss to former coaches, who are coaching a team supposedly in rebuilding mode who they have taken to the top 15. We have just over a month left in the season, having Danny on the sidelines will do absolutely nothing but show how much our leadership does not care about the basketball program. Get a head start on the rest of the country in coaching searches, let our incoming recruits know what is going on so they can make their decision instead of everyone scrambling at the last minute. We will not be good next year or the year after, so losing a class will not hurt us one bit.

I was at the game last night and it is pitiful. Chris Mack has to be in disbelief, what he saw in the Joel last night vs. what he used to see when he worked here is night and day. Even Gaudio has to be laughing at us.

There have been many great days to get rid of Danny Manning, and this may just be the best one yet.

I wish, but since by all accounts Ron is a fairly petty guy i would think the optics of making the move today would be too much of an admission that he’s run the program into the ground since Dino/Mack/Skip were all here. Maybe if Clemson destroys us and they bury the lede on super bowl Sunday.

5c526fb737f7f.image.jpg

Thanks for publicly calling for change. You should also do so with your real name via email, phone and social media. All Wake alums know this must occur. Only those who care more about their relationship with the AD and staff more than our basketball staff have not been doing so. Thanks for crossing over.

If Ron didn't fire [name redacted] mid season, I see no reason to think he will fire Manning before the end of the year.

For the record he should, but don't see it happening.

Thanks for publicly calling for change. You should also do so with your real name via email, phone and social media. All Wake alums know this must occur. Only those who care more about their relationship with the AD and staff more than our basketball staff have not been doing so. Thanks for crossing over.

I agree that if you feel this way, as most on here do, you should contact Dr Hatch and Ron Wellman by email, letter, or phone to voice that opinion.

Sent a lengthy email to Wellman this morning. Not that it will have any impact, but after 8 years, it felt good to try.

Yeah, unfortunately I am a nobody at WFU but will definitely send Wellman an email if we think that will help spur the change. I have my doubts, but it can't hurt to try.

I once sent Wellman an email. Made me feel better for a few minutes. But it doesn't matter. And Danny isn't getting fired today. I agree with the FIATH tag.

On Jan. 23, I e-mailed the following to Wellman, copying Hatch.

"I am a 196x graduate and have been a Deacon Club member for more than 40 years.

I am tired of watching non-competitive men’s basketball teams represent our school for nearly a decade. Our problems in this sport are directly attributable to your administration of this program.

Please do the right thing and immediately relieve Danny Manning of his job as head coach. If you are unwilling to do so, please retire and make room for an athletic director who will do what is necessary.

Name Name
City State"

I am sure you can guess how many responses I have received - the same number as Manning will receive in votes for COY.

So painful to see than a former NCAA legend and such a hard worker on the court completely implode his legacy and be a complete and total dud as a coach and can't even see he is the problem. Year 5 my friend and program is in shambles. Many other ACC coaches have been at it for less and doing worlds better and losing just as much if not more talent (and better talent). Might also want to question why so many players are transferring or leaving early that aren't NBA ready talent.

Don't see any upside to a mid-season firing. Not like any perspective coach is going to talk to us in the middle of his season. As long as it happens within 48 hours of our last game, I'm fine with it.

Don't see any upside to a mid-season firing. Not like any perspective coach is going to talk to us in the middle of his season. As long as it happens within 48 hours of our last game, I'm fine with it.

An immediate firing gives hope and hope is a precious thing.

Firing a coach during the season stands out more in the media (to the extent that the media cares about us at all anymore). For obvious reasons Wellman will not fire manning until after the season (which season I don't know) to minimize attention on his third bball fuck up.

Firing a coach during the season stands out more in the media (to the extent that the media cares about us at all anymore). For obvious reasons Wellman will not fire manning until after the season (which season I don't know) to minimize attention on his third bball fuck up.

Correct. He would want it lumped in with all the other similar news.

Back