• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report - Clemson Tigers - Noon Super Bowl Sunday ESPNU

Exact quote:

"We have some guys on our team for us...they need to, ugh, do a better job of getting to the free throw line."

He pisses me off so much.

You know that’s like a football coach saying after a poor offensive game, “ we needed to force more pass interference calls.”

I really think this team is rounding into shape. We are peaking just in time to make a defeated run to the tournament.

All of Manning's coaching prowess has completely taken hold of the team.

This kind of play really makes pulling for Wake's opponents rewarding.

I could see a string of 12 or more straight blow outs. That may be more than the idiot in chief can ignore.

irrespective of the fact that I don't think Wellman would do it anyways, firing Danny mid-season likely has additional negative contract repercussions
So negotiate with Manning. Surely the guy doesn't enjoy showing up to work.

"We need to do a better job of getting to the free throw line."

What a complete idiot he is. Middle school-level offense out there.

quit insulting middle school coaches

he just needed another season, with only players that he recruited, to go 8-13

i move to ban RShill now, rather than delay the inevitable

Players have just given up. Understandable when you are playing for a lame duck coach. Sucks for them, sucks for the fans. Wellman needs to terminate Manning, name Chill interim for the remainder of the season. Move Chill to an admin role next year and hire an entire new staff.

about the only thing that makes any sense

hence, there is no chance Ron will do it

Just wait til we get rid of those "F-minus defenders" like Wilbekin and Woods and get some length with Hoard and Mucius on the perimeter!

(Wake #213 in defense this year)

RChill, Charlotte, DCDeac, and RJ know basketball!

Hey maybe Walter will follow Danny’s lead after we get shut out one game, he can say “we’ve got to do a better job getting opposing pitchers to walk us.”

Hey maybe Walter will follow Danny’s lead after we get shut out one game, he can say “we’ve got to do a better job getting opposing pitchers to walk us.”

Drawing walks actually requires more skill and plate discipline that an actual coach would have to teach. This would be the same as Walter saying “if only we got some more balks and catcher interference called”.

Or Clawson could complain the D-Line didn't do enough to get holding calls against Clemson. Or Muss can complain that we didn't get enough offsides calls, even if the game is decided by penalty kicks.

It was a coin toss...RShill had a 50/50 shot at being right. He was just unlucky.

Somebody needs to ask Danny what he does to coach our players to score without the help of the referees. You know offensive sets, screens, ball movement,etc., I think his head would explode.

By the way, was Danny some kind of foul forcing, free throw shooting machine back in the day? I assume the Great Danny Manning had a lot more to his game than that. Funny he seems to think getting fouled and making free throws is the only way to score now.

Back