• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report - Clemson Tigers - Noon Super Bowl Sunday ESPNU

The sad fact is we are getting worse. We seem to have decided that scoring early in the game is a bad idea. Our turnovers are becoming pathetic. We had at least two air balls today on relatively decent shots.

Where’s the press conference video from today’s game? I won’t be able to sleep tonight unless I hear the master strategy that went into that impressive 37-point offensive output.

The sad fact is we are getting worse. We seem to have decided that scoring early in the game is a bad idea. Our turnovers are becoming pathetic. We had at least two air balls today on relatively decent shots.

This is how I feel. Manning can whine all he wants about how "young" we are; however, those young players look worse now than they did at the beginning of the season. Too bad the real problem is we don't have someone that can teach and motivate. Or build a program where players stick around for their junior/senior seasons.

My freshman year, we ran Clemson out of their own building 41-9 at the half. I miss that. Now, Clemson almost doubles us despite scoring only 10 in a 10 minute stretch (8:00 in the first half to 18:00 in the second half.)

Kenpom ranks are ordered by something called Adjusted Efficiency rating. As of today, we (-2.49) are closer to Houston Baptist (-9.74) in this stat than we are to the second worst ACC team (BC at 4.80). Which makes sense, because we at least managed to take Houston Baptist to overtime.

We're in danger of dropping below App State at this rate.

It's not hard, Manning gets out of having to show up to work and pretend like he wants to be there, but without having to take the hit from resigning. Offer him whatever he would get if he were fired in March with the bonus that he doesn't have to show up tomorrow.

yeah, okay bro

There was a time when Wake was at least everybody's second favorite team. They have groaned along with us over the years, but now they are laughing at us. Helpless, hapless, in the shitter.

yeah, okay bro

"Hey Danny, here's the deal, you won't be coaching here at Wake next year. As soon as this season is over, we owe you $XX in your contract. If we fire you today, your contract states that we owe you $XX+Y. So here are your two options:

1) Continue losing and risk having your name tied to one of, if not the worst, seasons in Wake Forest history and get paid your $XX in March.

2) Take $XX + a Snickers from the vending machine, leave now, stop coming to a job that you don't enjoy, get a head start on looking for a new job, and save yourself the embarrassment of finishing out the season.

Either way, you're getting paid $XX. Save yourself the embarrassment, enjoy some time off and have a Snickers on us."

Last edited:
Where’s the press conference video from today’s game? I won’t be able to sleep tonight unless I hear the master strategy that went into that impressive 37-point offensive output.

Trust me, it’s better if you don’t listen to it.

How much is it worth it to Manning not to have 10 more Ls on his record?

Have you payed attention the last 4 1/2 years? Danny clearly loves taking L's.

"Hey Danny, here's the deal, you won't be coaching here at Wake next year. As soon as this season is over, we owe you $XX in your contract. If we fire you today, your contract states that we owe you $XX+Y. So here are your two options:

1) Continue losing and risk having your name tied to one of, if not the worst, seasons in Wake Forest history and get paid your $XX in March.

2) Take $XX + a Snickers from the vending machine, leave now, stop coming to a job that you don't enjoy, get a head start on looking for a new job, and save yourself the embarrassment of finishing out the season.

Either way, you're getting paid $XX. Save yourself the embarrassment, enjoy some time off and have a Snickers on us."

What if it was like a Snickers commercial, and after he took a bite Danny Manning turned into John Wooden? You're not yourself when you're hungry.

How much is it worth it to Manning not to have 10 more Ls on his record?

Yeah, he's not leaving money on the table. It was pretty obvious to anyone looking that DM was mediocre at best. Hell apparently he was way down on our list and our program was in the shitter. A few more losses won't affect his head coaching reputation in the least at this point. Might as well make every bit of that money we stupidly guaranteed him as no one else will be stupid enough to overpay him again. It'll be a little extra spending cash when he's back on the bench as a KU assistant.

Also, people should stop posting about DM doing the right thing and stepping down. It's not his fault RW and the donors are dumbasses. Call for Wellman to fire him, or for Wellman to be fired, but nobody on this board would leave that kind of money on the table. Hell, I bet this unreal buyout was part of convincing DM to come take over our dumpster fire to begin with.

Back