• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Another racist democrat

..and blackface and the use of the “N” word is rampant on Middle Eastern TV screens today — particularly during Ramadan for some reason.

I heard they're not real big on Jews and gays over there either.

I'm shocked by how surprised people are that this is/was going on - especially people on here who attended Wake. It may not have made it into the recent yearbooks at Wake, but there were plenty of controversial parties, themes, and costumes when I was there so I suspect it was just as prevalent, if not moreso, before the 2000's.

Why would students at a military college in 1968 wear outfits celebrating a separatist military from the previous century? You'd think VMI would teach their cadets to be loyal to the USA.

I'm shocked by how surprised people are that this is/was going on - especially people on here who attended Wake. It may not have made it into the recent yearbooks at Wake, but there were plenty of controversial parties, themes, and costumes when I was there so I suspect it was just as prevalent, if not moreso, before the 2000's.

There were definitely Pimps and Hoes (Hos?) parties when I was there, but as far as I know they stopped short of blackface.

I seem to remember a blackface incident at a KA party during my time at Wake.

I seem to remember a blackface incident at a KA party during my time at Wake.

Zuck and the Snapchat dude are going to have so much blackmail material.

Why would students at a military college in 1968 wear outfits celebrating a separatist military from the previous century? You'd think VMI would teach their cadets to be loyal to the USA.

Lol.

You can tell ho much a conservative is threatened by women by how often they bring up The View-a show that's often insipid, but, as it airs at 11:00 on weekdays, pretty harmless.

It seems like a black person donning whiteface is somehow different from a white person donning blackface, but I just can’t quite put a finger on what.

Historical context is a thing. Moreover-why are we bringing up entertainers at all? I don't think anyone pretends to hold them to the same standard as elected officials.

your point would be stronger if these actors did not dabble so much in politics

Your point would be stronger if Joy Behar, Eddie Murphy and the Wayne's Brothers were running for political office, you witnit.

Yeah, but TheView has gotten to the point where part of its raison d'etre is to stir the political pot, if that wasn't the point from day one.

Back