• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Another racist democrat

No, I left the donkey party before Con Law. In any event, as I stated, constitutional hermeneutics have nothing to do with politics.

Ok, I was just curious about the timing. My own departure from a conservative world view (inherited from my catholic parents) began when I took classes on evolutionary biology and environmental science in college. Education, not tabloids, changed my philosophy so I was wondering if the same was true for you.

Glad for your personal clarity since I’m not familiar with whatever the made up number is, I just thought every person assumes it was 6,000 years from their existence, a continual shift in time like magic, not that there was an exact BC date, very impressive scientific dating.

Please don’t take offense, but you had some pretty shitty theological training if it couldn’t withstand an encounter with evolutionary biology and ecological science.

Lol you serious, Clark?

I think the correct answer is believing the earth is 6000 years old at any point during human existence.

Please don’t take offense, but you had some pretty shitty theological training if it couldn’t withstand an encounter with evolutionary biology and ecological science.

HAHA, one might argue that all theological training is shitty. Introduction to christian tradition with Dr. Tupper sophomore year was the last nail in the coffin of my religious belief. That came on the heels of learning about real science for the first time and a series of personal experiences that led to lots of questions about human nature.

What is non-shitty theological training? Is it growing up in a religious environment that understands and accepts evolution/geology/etc, or is it Bob Jones-level indoctrination?

This isn’t controversial among religious people with college degrees. Ask Ph, Sig, or, if memory serves, 923.

There are no people with college degrees that believe the earth is 6000-ish years old?

Got to love how a moonz troll thread turned into a discussion of originalism and literal interpretations of the Bible.

There are no people with college degrees that believe the earth is 6000-ish years old?

The Creation Museum in KY is probably run by people with college degrees. Over a million people have visited it, saying no people with college degrees are among them is ridiculous.

According to this article, 4 in 10 Americans believe the Earth is less than 10,000 years old.

https://www.livescience.com/46123-many-americans-creationists.html

Your premise is completely wrong.

My guess is that Northam resigns. Fairfax is hounded by the allegations his entire time as governor, but doesn't resign (he's got the Kavanaugh defense). Herring is the question, he came forward with it to preempt any stories or be accused of hiding it, he also did it during the Northam scandal, so he wouldn't be the sole focus. We also don't know if there are any pictures of Herring (that we know about), that kind of political maneuvering has me thinking he is not going to resign.

My guess is that Northam resigns. Fairfax is hounded by the allegations his entire time as governor, but doesn't resign (he's got the Kavanaugh defense). Herring is the question, he came forward with it to preempt any stories or be accused of hiding it, he also did it during the Northam scandal, so he wouldn't be the sole focus. We also don't know if there are any pictures of Herring (that we know about), that kind of political maneuvering has me thinking he is not going to resign.

The VA Dems best political play (as opposed to all three doing the moral thing and just resigning) might be to force Northam out and make him the "sacrificial lamb", and hope that Fairfax and/or Herring can somehow ride out the storm and serve as governor until the next election. Either way, the VA Democrats have definitely damaged themselves at least in the short-term, and perhaps longer, given that conservative media outlets will use and play up these scandals for years.

If Fairfax resigns, based on the wikipedia page for VA's lieutenant governor, there will be a runoff election in a few months (I assume coinciding with the primaries or the general election). Last time it happen was in 1971, when J. Sargent Reynolds died. There isn't an interim listed on the wikipedia page.

If the AG resigns, the General Assembly gets to elect a replacement (last happened in 2009).

Looking forward to the outrage on the left over Joy Behar's halloween costume...

Back