• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

I think we have two chances...

Henry Chinaski

Steve Lepore
Reaction score
...for a mid-season change. I know, i know it’s a 1/100 that anyone will actually do anything, but really at this point it’s the only thing left that holds any interests for this season. I for one would love to turn it over to Chill or Nestor for a few games just to see what will happen. At least some signs of life would be nice. And i think they would need to be very clear that this is interim only and no one on current staff would be considered for full-time job.

1. Tuesday (uh-oh!!) against Pitt at home. Capel is seemingly doing a decent job with a terrible roster. Their (relative) success repudiates all the propaganda from Premier Wellman (we’re too young, it takes time to turn things around, etc.). If they truck us in front of a disinterested crowd of 5k or so, maybe, just maybe that will do it...?

2. The next weekend against UNC. They will definitely crush us. The crown will easily be more blue than black/gold. It will be a complete and stinging reminder of how things have fallen.

Once you clear the UNC game, it really is too close to the end to bother. All of this assumes we handily lose today (I’m sure we can do it!).

A girl can dream, right?

Well shit maybe three chances - i’m Impressed by Manning’s commitment to be terrible.

Why keep posting these threads? Manning is not getting fired mid-season. It. Is. Not. Happening.

Actually I think there is a third choice and that is on Tuesday and Saturday February 19 just not show up at all for the games. So on Tuesday night the entire Lawrence Joel Veteran Memorial Coliseum will be empty because Pittsburgh will bring nobody. Then on the 19th the only people that come will have on Carolina blue.

Team has quit on him. They obviously don't like him and don't want to play for him.

All of the defections in the offseason were a pretty strong obvious indication that players hate playing for Manning.

I'm no longer sure he makes it through another week...this is starting to make WFU look really bad and inept from a leadership perspective which WFU hates.

I'm no longer sure he makes it through another week...this is starting to make WFU look really bad and inept from a leadership perspective which WFU hates.

Wake hates that? I thought that was their calling card.

I fear there will be a mass exodus of players again this offseason. I just hope we have enough scholarship players to field a starting 5

All of the defections in the offseason were a pretty strong obvious indication that players hate playing for Manning.
Not according to our resident sunshiners, Ph. All bad people/bad fits. All of them.

I actually think the opposite is true. Nobody will overrule Wellman on the decision whether or not to fire Manning (I'd like to think that's not the case when it comes to hiring his replacement, but I get the feeling Wellman has a pretty free hand in these matters), and RW will not do anything that makes him seem susceptible to being influenced by fans. Witness his comments during previous coaching searches that the fans don't get input, that he's the guy, that he makes these decisions alone, etc., etc. Also note that [Redacted] was not officially fired, but "resigned" after his last annual meeting with RW. RW will go out of his way to send the message that Manning's fate is not being driven by what the fans think, but by what RW thinks. So, in a crazy way, the worse the team does, the less likely Manning is fired mid-season.

OTOH, it's a foregone conclusion that he's done at season's end. $$$ will give WF no other option.

I fear there will be a mass exodus of players again this offseason. I just hope we have enough scholarship players to field a starting 5

At this point, I don't care. We have enough scholarship players now and it's so bad I refuse to watch this season.

...for a mid-season change. I know, i know it’s a 1/100 that anyone will actually do anything, but really at this point it’s the only thing left that holds any interests for this season. I for one would love to turn it over to Chill or Nestor for a few games just to see what will happen. At least some signs of life would be nice. And i think they would need to be very clear that this is interim only and no one on current staff would be considered for full-time job.

1. Tuesday (uh-oh!!) against Pitt at home. Capel is seemingly doing a decent job with a terrible roster. Their (relative) success repudiates all the propaganda from Premier Wellman (we’re too young, it takes time to turn things around, etc.). If they truck us in front of a disinterested crowd of 5k or so, maybe, just maybe that will do it...?

2. The next weekend against UNC. They will definitely crush us. The crown will easily be more blue than black/gold. It will be a complete and stinging reminder of how things have fallen.

Once you clear the UNC game, it really is too close to the end to bother. All of this assumes we handily lose today (I’m sure we can do it!).

A girl can dream, right?

Pray that Pitt pounds you guys at Joel tomorrow night, and you might -- might -- hasten the inevitable. If you squeak by Pitt, Wellman won't pull the trigger, since he's locked the gun in a biometric safe keyed to his a$$hole, and he hates dropping his pants . . . .

Win tomorrow and I think DM makes it through the season.

Team and Manning is a disconnect. Team has no interest in playing hard for the coach. More little and more little effort shown each game.

Team and Manning is a disconnect. Team has no interest in playing hard for the coach. More little and more little effort shown each game.

Not sure that is a disconnect. He does not coach hard. They do not play hard.

They are in tune.

He's not going to be fired mid-season. It just isn't going to happen. Wellman will wait until after the ACCT to pull the trigger. It's just terrifying to think about who he hires next.

He's not going to be fired mid-season. It just isn't going to happen. Wellman will wait until after the ACCT to pull the trigger. It's just terrifying to think about who he hires next.

It is but I'm getting increasingly concerned that good potential candidates view Wake more negatively than we think....it's been 10 years !

Back