• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Transfer Predictions

If we actually bring in a competent coach do you see a lot of transfers happening? E.g. if Thad Matta comes in I don't see players running for the exits, rather quite the opposite.

"Danny is attracting highly-rated and quality young men to our program and he has proven his ability to develop that talent," Wellman said in a statement. "Our program will continue to improve and we will realize the lofty goals that we have for the program."

"Danny is attracting highly-rated and quality young men to our program and he has proven his ability to develop that talent," Wellman said in a statement. "Our program will continue to improve and we will realize the lofty goals that we have for the program."

when did he say that??? tell me that's an old quote...

this alone should be enough to force both of them to resign

Agree with others that naming specific players is probably in poor taste, but I expect a mass exodus if DM is retained. I mean, like, virtually every current scholarship athlete not named Brandon Childress. Even Hoard I think would play overseas ball and try to get to the league that way first over returning to Wake.

I expect a lot of player attrition, regardless of how it all plays out.

But until we know what is happening w/ Manning (and staff), it is difficult to talk individuals.

Agree with others that naming specific players is probably in poor taste, but I expect a mass exodus if DM is retained. I mean, like, virtually every current scholarship athlete not named Brandon Childress. Even Hoard I think would play overseas ball and try to get to the league that way first over returning to Wake.

Anybody with any sense ought to be looking for a way out.

I always crack up at the thought of threads like this having any smidgen of impact on our actual players. Like how self-involved do you have to be to think that your silly little internet post is going to affect a potentially life-altering decision?

I always crack up at the thought of threads like this having any smidgen of impact on our actual players. Like how self-involved do you have to be to think that your silly little internet post is going to affect a potentially life-altering decision?

18 year old version of pretty much any human being: "Hit CantStandYa, have we met?"

Agree. And this is precisely the problem. If DM stays any longer, the chance that some talented players that might otherwise stay are fielding interest and making plans to leave goes up a lot. It will be hard for these players to backtrack if they don't know who their next coach is going to be within 2-4 weeks before the semester ends...

Why do you need to plan for it? Do you have any control over it? Are you one of the coaches?

weird take. a) you took my planning as literally planning for their departure? either that's a dumb joke or you're an idiot. I'm assuming it's the former and therefore:

b) you don't think coaches have a formal or informal temperature test on player morale/post-season intentions and try to plan their relationship maintenance and/or replacement needs ahead of time? they aren't doing their job if they're not.

Agree. And this is precisely the problem. If DM stays any longer, the chance that some talented players that might otherwise stay are fielding interest and making plans to leave goes up a lot. It will be hard for these players to backtrack if they don't know who their next coach is going to be within 2-4 weeks before the semester ends...

Exactly why a smart AD would take action this afternoon.

Back