• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report - Pitt Panthers - Tuesday 7 pm ESPNU

Wow, our bench went 1 for 13 and we still won. Love it for Chill, fully rolled ankle, sharp elbow to the jaw and coming off a horrible last game - guts it out, scores 18 and over 50% from deep, tacks on the game winning hustle play.

Just have to ignore the fact that we threw up the game-losing airball three, only to have the Pitt guys run into each other and gift Hoard a layup for OT... Sometimes a team just won't let you lose.

Deacs won the game on the foul line and the boards. DM gets to feel good for a few days. The starting line up produces 75 of the 78 Deacon points. He made some mistakes but Sharone Wright made a huge difference. All eleven of his points were scored with 8 minutes remaining until 5 minutes remaining in the game. Deacs went from down four to up eight in that span. Brown's eight points in OT were also big.

Last edited:
Not sure how to say this without sounding like an asshole...

This team really seems to enjoy each other. I don’t think they’ve given up. It’s kind of a fun group.

So I don’t think it’s a lack of effort... We just aren’t very good.

Definitely happy for the team tonight. This win is meaningless as far as affecting Manning’s retention (or should be), but the guys deserved it. They were so pumped and excited for once. Now let’s go get them a real coach who can make them better players.

This team really seems to enjoy each other. I don’t think they’ve given up. It’s kind of a fun group.

So I don’t think it’s a lack of effort... We just aren’t very well coached.

FIFY

I agree. I don’t think we’d be world beaters with any coach, but I could see this being a decent team with good coaching. I do think our guys work hard, it’s the guy who’s supervising their work that’s the problem.

Not an asshole comment at all. Based on what you see from the players it's exactly right.

Honestly, I can't remember us ever having done this (though I'm sure we have).

Pitt played it just about perfectly, making the first and hitting the second off the front of the run to a waiting tipper. Fortunately chill was sharp and ready for it

One of the most memorable, was against State (ranked I believe) in the late 80's (1988?), which we ended up losing in 4 ot's.

I don't think we fouled intentionally in the 94 ACCT semi's vs. UNC, but they did miss the 2nd FT and send the game to OT, which we lost as well.

Manning and Chill probably have the same issue. As coaches. Because they were so good as players and the game just came naturally to them, they have trouble explaining to their players what needs to happen. They know all the big stuff but the subtle things that make a difference at the P5 level were so instinctive and natural ro them that they can't teach that stuff to others. They did it. They are unable to teach othets how to do it.

Wow, our bench went 1 for 13 and we still won. Love it for Chill, fully rolled ankle, sharp elbow to the jaw and coming off a horrible last game - guts it out, scores 18 and over 50% from deep, tacks on the game winning hustle play.

Just have to ignore the fact that we threw up the game-losing airball three, only to have the Pitt guys run into each other and gift Hoard a layup for OT... Sometimes a team just won't let you lose.

In the last 20 seconds we had 4 shots and 3 rebounds (one a team rebound on the ball out of bounds). Seems like we had another tip there that wasn't counted as a shot.

We won a winnable game. Not a sure thing.

Happy for the team and coaches.

Happy for the team. We have a lot of likable guys with potential who just need real coaching.

even our few wins get screwed up .
ESPN headline of game recap, Brown's 3 pointer helps PITT beat Wake forest 78-76 in OT. i swear to God they used lower case for forest!

sorry Shooosh, i type slower this late.

Happy for the guys. Brown is a good player and so is Hoard. Too often this team gives up really easy,wide open baskets because someone is out of position. They are better than their record but need a better coaching staff to dev lop the talent that is there. Win or lose, this game means nothing about Manning’s future. He will be fired after the season.

It was a train wreck the last 5 minutes of regulation but amazingly we sent the game into overtime. Good win, but we are constantly out of position and our fundamentals are lacking. It's truly sad for the players who I like. I can't wait for a new coach. Fire Manning!!!

We all know what Clawson did when the D wasn't "aligned" properly- and good things happened as a result.

Go figure.... :tard:

Back