• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report - Pitt Panthers - Tuesday 7 pm ESPNU

I don't buy that. At all. Not even a little bit.

It's not like Capel came in and cleaned house. Those guys all bolted for the exits as soon as Stallings was cut loose.

Marcus Carr went to Minnesota.
Ryan Luther went to Arizona.
Shamiel Stevenson went to Nevada.
Parker Stewart ended up at UT-Martin, but that is because his dad is the coach there. He had interest from Kansas State, Maryland, & Oregon.

So one went to the B1G, which is an equivalent league to the ACC and three went to inferior leagues.

So one went to the B1G, which is an equivalent league to the ACC and three went to inferior leagues.

Ha. You know they can't transfer within the ACC... So that's a silly way to look at it.

They went from a program ranked #227 in KP to ones ranked #17, #51, & #62.

This isn't Moto going to Towson or Rountree going to Iona.

I think Sarr is still too small to play the position Manning is forcing him to play. He has a nice face-up mid-range jumper and he has decent timing and athleticism to block shots... But he is not a banger underneath.

He'll benefit from another year to get bigger.

Agree w/ Biff... He has a different game than Moore, but he's being forced to play a lot of minutes (and out of position) before he's really ready for it.

I don't think he's too small, he's 7 feet tall and not a stick. I just think being a banger down low is not his game, not because of his body, but just because of who he is.

Sarr has shown a sweet face up J this year.
Agreed, Saar has approved tremendously over the last month, but it has been primarily with face to the basket shots. This team needs him to now develop moves towards the basket.

He needs to make the other team respect his moves at the rim rather throwing the ball back outside the majority of the time he does not shoot a jumper. He is getting more "paint touches" but he needs to be more aggressive in going back up with offensive rebounds and using drop step moves, etc. In short, it would be nice to see him develop some of the basic moves used by John Collins.

Also, Saar needs to continue to work on his ball handling skills. He continues to struggle in simply catching the ball and putting it on the floor. I had hoped that our Super Big Man Coach would have developed Saar at a faster pace in these basic skills.

Danny Manning show Thursday, call in and offer your congratulations on the big win Tuesday night and ask him about the brilliant coaching moves he made to get it done.

ManningShowLoop.jpg

Danny Manning show Thursday, call in and offer your congratulations on the big win Tuesday night and ask him about the brilliant coaching moves he made to get it done.

ManningShowLoop.jpg
...you can’t call in.

If there is one thing that should scare us is that bottom of the conference looks pretty bad. BC, Pitt, ND, Miami and Wake all have 2 ACC wins and GT has 3.

We could accidentally finish 10th or 11th.

If there is one thing that should scare us is that bottom of the conference looks pretty bad. BC, Pitt, ND, Miami and Wake all have 2 ACC wins and GT has 3.

We could accidentally finish 10th or 11th.

I don't think it matters... The only games left where we have a realistic shot at winning are @ND (are we really going to win a road game?) and MIA (still less than 50/50).

It's not like we're going to go on a run to end the season... There are going to be some HUGE beat downs coming... @FSU, UNC, @Duke.

No way we finish higher than 12/13... I still think we're the "favorite" to finish last. The home loss to BC was damning in that regard.

I don't think it matters... The only games left where we have a realistic shot at winning are @ND (are we really going to win a road game?) and MIA (still less than 50/50).

It's not like we're going to go on a run to end the season... There are going to be some HUGE beat downs coming... @FSU, UNC, @Duke.

No way we finish higher than 12/13... I still think we're the "favorite" to finish last. The home loss to BC was damning in that regard.

According to KenPom, we have a better chance of beating Syracuse at home (24%) than Notre Dame on the road (20%).

According to KenPom, we have a better chance of beating Syracuse at home (24%) than Notre Dame on the road (20%).

Yeah, but do you really think we'll beat Syracuse anywhere with our shitty offense? I sure don't.

Duke appears to be over hyped (shocker!) and Chris Mack has been impressive at Louisville (sad face), basically the anti-Manning.

Agreed, Saar has approved tremendously over the last month, but it has been primarily with face to the basket shots. This team needs him to now develop moves towards the basket.

He needs to make the other team respect his moves at the rim rather throwing the ball back outside the majority of the time he does not shoot a jumper. He is getting more "paint touches" but he needs to be more aggressive in going back up with offensive rebounds and using drop step moves, etc. In short, it would be nice to see him develop some of the basic moves used by John Collins.

Also, Saar needs to continue to work on his ball handling skills. He continues to struggle in simply catching the ball and putting it on the floor. I had hoped that our Super Big Man Coach would have developed Saar at a faster pace in these basic skills.

Well I am pleased to be wrong. I must be a jinx because I swear, every time he has a shot within 2 feet of the basket he misses.

ManningShowLoop.jpg

I feel bad for anyone trying to enjoy some pizza while this stanky horseshit is going on in the corner. Bibs’ business has probably increased markedly since they quit doing the “show” there.

Back