• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

50 worst cities to live in

I think for the purposes of this, we're excluding anything that's coastal

Any of you people ever drive from Jackson down through Scotland Neck? aka The Neck.

The bird sanctuary in Scotland Neck is nice.

New Bern and Edenton are #intriguing to me. I have a family friend in Edenton and my mom says it's a pretty cool place. Maybe only cool for 70 year old women, though? That's about my speed.

do Pinehurst and Southern Pines count?

I'm not sure what we're debating, but Fayetteville, Pinehurst, Southern Pines, and Lumberton are all west of Raleigh and part of the NC Sandhills, not Eastern NC.

I could hang in Pinehurst or SP though.

I'm not sure what we're debating, but Fayetteville, Pinehurst, Southern Pines, and Lumberton are all west of Raleigh and part of the NC Sandhills, not Eastern NC.

I could hang in Pinehurst or SP though.

yes, if you want to get technical, but spiritually, Fayetteville and Lumberton are Eastern NC. I'd essentially consider anything from I-95 and east (with some buffer to the west). This would then exclude SP and Pinehurst, but oh well.

Ha, pure coincidence.

What about Bear Grass? Anyone ever been to Bear Grass? I dated a woman who had family there, but I only learned about her connection post-break up.

Ha, pure coincidence.

What about Bear Grass? Anyone ever been to Bear Grass? I dated a woman who had family there, but I only learned about her connection post-break up.

Oh yeah, definitely the quickest way to get from Greenville to Williamston (which is a serious shithole) is through Bear Grass.

yes, if you want to get technical, but spiritually, Fayetteville and Lumberton are Eastern NC. I'd essentially consider anything from I-95 and east (with some buffer to the west). This would then exclude SP and Pinehurst, but oh well.

Scotland County is most definitely Eastern NC despite being west of 95.

Laurinburg is closer to Charlotte than it is to Wilmingtonn, but closer to Myrtle Beach than Charlotte.

I just look at the area from Fayetteville to Jacksonville and to the south as different from the areas north of there, or maybe US Highway 70 is a better dividing line.

Roanoke Rapids and Goldsboro are just dfferent types of crappy.

Goddammit. I was going to be the first to mention Bear Grass. That's what I get for just replying.

This was like yesterday when Say Hey sent me an Instagram of a alterna-rock semi-star receiving a giant bong gift wrapped for Christmas, and I made a bassoon joke that was so clever, only to then look into the comments and see that like 50 people had already made bassoon jokes.

Back