• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jeff Bezos Accuses National Enquirer of Extortion

So Trump hates Bezos.

And Trump has previously used David Pecker to intimidate opponents and illegally kill stories.

🤔

OK, back to their threat to publish intimate photos of me. I guess we (me, my lawyers, and Gavin de Becker) didn’t react to the generalized threat with enough fear, so they sent this:

From: Howard, Dylan [dhoward@amilink.com] (Chief Content Officer, AMI)
Sent: Tuesday, February 5, 2019 3:33 PM
To: Martin Singer (litigation counsel for Mr. de Becker)
Subject:. Jeff Bezos & Ms. Lauren Sanchez Photos
CONFIDENTIAL & NOT FOR DISTRIBIUTION
Marty:
I am leaving the office for the night. I will be available on my cell — 917 XXX-XXXX.
However, in the interests of expediating this situation, and with The Washington Post poised to publish unsubstantiated rumors of The National Enquirer’s initial report, I wanted to describe to you the photos obtained during our newsgathering.
In addition to the “below the belt selfie — otherwise colloquially known as a ‘d*ck pick’” — The Enquirer obtained a further nine images. These include:
· Mr. Bezos face selfie at what appears to be a business meeting.
· Ms. Sanchez response — a photograph of her smoking a cigar in what appears to be a simulated oral sex scene.
· A shirtless Mr. Bezos holding his phone in his left hand — while wearing his wedding ring. He’s wearing either tight black cargo pants or shorts — and his semi-erect manhood is penetrating the zipper of said garment.
· A full-length body selfie of Mr. Bezos wearing just a pair of tight black boxer-briefs or trunks, with his phone in his left hand — while wearing his wedding ring.
· A selfie of Mr. Bezos fully clothed.
· A full-length scantily-clad body shot with short trunks.
· A naked selfie in a bathroom — while wearing his wedding ring. Mr. Bezos is wearing nothing but a white towel — and the top of his pubic region can be seen.
· Ms. Sanchez wearing a plunging red neckline dress revealing her cleavage and a glimpse of her nether region.
· Ms. Sanchez wearing a two-piece red bikini with gold detail dress revealing her cleavage.
It would give no editor pleasure to send this email. I hope common sense can prevail — and quickly.
Dylan.

Well, that got my attention. But not in the way they likely hoped. Any personal embarrassment AMI could cause me takes a back seat because there’s a much more important matter involved here. If in my position I can’t stand up to this kind of extortion, how many people can? (On that point, numerous people have contacted our investigation team about their similar experiences with AMI, and how they needed to capitulate because, for example, their livelihoods were at stake.)

In the AMI letters I’m making public, you will see the precise details of their extortionate proposal: They will publish the personal photos unless Gavin de Becker and I make the specific false public statement to the press that we “have no knowledge or basis for suggesting that AMI’s coverage was politically motivated or influenced by political forces.”

Full: https://medium.com/@jeffreypbezos/no-thank-you-mr-pecker-146e3922310f

This type of bullshit (blackmail and extortion of political opponents) was one of several extraordinarily dark possibilities of a Trump presidency.

Not sure if there is fire but there certainly is a lot of smoke.

This type of bullshit (blackmail and extortion of political opponents) was one of several extraordinarily dark possibilities of a Trump presidency.

Not sure if there is fire but there certainly is a lot of smoke.

I think there's some suspicion about the Cohen meeting with Jerry Falwell, Jr. during the 2016 campaign, and Falwell suddenly giving his enthusiastic support to Trump not long afterwards. The suspicion/speculation is that Cohen (and thus Trump) apparently knew about Falwell's $1.8 million payment to the Florida pool boy and the actual details behind that situation, and Cohen used that knowledge to blackmail Falwell into supporting Trump. Probably far-fetched, and there's no hard evidence to prove it, but it certainly wouldn't be an unusual or fantastic possibility or tactic for this administration (or presidential campaign organization in 2016).

Last edited:
I think there's some suspicion about the Cohen meeting with Jerry Falwell, Jr. during the 2016 campaign, and Falwell suddenly giving his enthusiastic support to Trump a few days later. The suspicion/speculation is that Cohen (and thus Trump) apparently knew about Falwell's $1.8 million payment to the Florida pool boy and the actual details behind that situation, and Cohen used that knowledge to blackmail Falwell into supporting Trump. Probably far-fetched, but it certainly wouldn't be an unusual or fantastic possibility for this administration (or presidential campaign organization in 2016).

Yeah that’s another one.

And I am still wondering what happened to Lindsey Graham. Going from a vocal Trump opponent to #1 fanboy and allowing him to disparage his deceased mentor, John McCain, on a regular basis.

Yeah that’s another one.

And I am still wondering what happened to Lindsey Graham. Going from a vocal Trump opponent to #1 fanboy and allowing him to disparage his deceased mentor, John McCain, on a regular basis.

I think this is more a result of Graham correctly judging Trump’s character. He’ll literally let you do anything as long as you praise him.

Can you imagine if a media outlet friendly with the Clintons has threatened a successful businessman?

Can you imagine if a media outlet friendly with the Clintons has threatened a successful businessman?

An automatic 8 years of investigations by Trey Gowdy and the GOP Congress.

And it would be the only legitimate investigation that that dumb Congress would have ever taken up.

Extorting Bezos may void Pecker's and AMI's plea deal. What's even better is that the confessions they signed will be admissible in court against them.

Karma is going to bite Pecker and Trump on their asses.

Extorting Bezos may void Pecker's and AMI's plea deal. What's even better is that the confessions they signed will be admissible in court against them.

Karma is going to bite Pecker and Trump on their asses.

Hehehe. Pecker. Dick picks. Anthony Weiner

I think there's some suspicion about the Cohen meeting with Jerry Falwell, Jr. during the 2016 campaign, and Falwell suddenly giving his enthusiastic support to Trump not long afterwards. The suspicion/speculation is that Cohen (and thus Trump) apparently knew about Falwell's $1.8 million payment to the Florida pool boy and the actual details behind that situation, and Cohen used that knowledge to blackmail Falwell into supporting Trump. Probably far-fetched, and there's no hard evidence to prove it, but it certainly wouldn't be an unusual or fantastic possibility or tactic for this administration (or presidential campaign organization in 2016).

Cohen has lots of ties with Falwell.

The tweet makes no reference to another attention-grabbing element of the Journal report: that Cohen also asked the man, who in addition to running the tech firm is the chief information officer at the Jerry Falwell–founded Liberty University in Virginia, to establish a Twitter TWTR, -0.65% account under the name Women for Cohen. The account characterizes Cohen as a sex symbol.
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/m...d-says-trump-directed-him-to-do-it-2019-01-17

While all that is interesting enough as it is, what’s more remarkable is that Falwell also became acquainted with Michael Cohen in 2012, the exact same year that Falwell began his “friendly relationship” with Giancarlo Granda. In fact, Cohen may have actually met Granda when Falwell brought him up to Liberty University when Trump was giving a speech there in 2012. And, somehow, despite the fact that he had no business dealings with Trump or Cohen, the relationship between Falwell and Cohen became so strong over the intervening years that Cohen and Trump were confident that Falwell would endorse Trump, expressing that belief even before Trump began his run for the presidency.

I saw somewhere that Cohen directed the payments (loans) to the friendly pool boy.

Surprised to see that our dickhead tweeter in chief hasn’t weighed in on the Bezos scandal yet.

🤔

Back