• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Football Ranking #62 for 2019

Also don't get the App hate but I'm not old enough to have experienced when this was a "rivalry". App is a fun place to attend football games, the people are fun to be around, they throw good tailgates, and play good football. I'd much rather them be the second best team in NC behind us (to echo TF) rather than Duke, UNC, or NCSU.

I don't know if the ranking is overzealous for them. They have a lot of returning talent but with a new coach (that was an underwhelming hire imo) they could suffer. Especially if they switch their defense from a 3-4 to a 4-3.

When we played App every year in Our stadium, App fans were the absolute worst. Worse than VT fans. NC State bad. We should have never re scheduled App. A win against them will never improve our resume and anytime they beat us just improves their standing and helps them in NC recruiting. The rest of you u will see this suckage when they pack our place. Nice payday for us, but otherwise no benefit.

When we played App every year in Our stadium, App fans were the absolute worst. Worse than VT fans. NC State bad. We should have never re scheduled App. A win against them will never improve our resume and anytime they beat us just improves their standing and helps them in NC recruiting. The rest of you u will see this suckage when they pack our place. Nice payday for us, but otherwise no benefit.

Then let's resume our series with Vandy.

I've heard the same take from some Hole fans about their "accepting our request" to play them in a nonconference game this season.

What an extremely weak take.

App fans suck. They spit on J. Williams in 2017. App sucks.

I was there for multiple games. We're you? I wouldnt want to see App fans in our a stadium ever again.

I was, and I was in elementary school for those games. I’m the type of football fan that enjoys competitive, in state rivalry games. They put more asses in the seats and increase the local publicity for the program, which we need desperately if we intend to tap further into the local non-alum attendance. Every fan base has idiots including Wake, as everyone here knows all too well. If it bothers you so much then may I suggest a nice tennis match or field hockey game perhaps. Apparently it’s a “lose/lose” game for Wake to play App, and if that’s true then please tell me what kind of games playing and losing to teams like ULM, Utah State, Army, Navy have been over the years?

I was, and I was in elementary school for those games. I’m the type of football fan that enjoys competitive, in state rivalry games. They put more asses in the seats and increase the local publicity for the program, which we need desperately if we intend to tap further into the local non-alum attendance. Every fan base has idiots including Wake, as everyone here knows all too well. If it bothers you so much then may I suggest a nice tennis match or field hockey game perhaps. Apparently it’s a “lose/lose” game for Wake to play App, and if that’s true then please tell me what kind of games playing and losing to teams like ULM, Utah State, Army, Navy have been over the years?

I have never had to listen to a bunch of uninformed horsecrap from a ULM fan.

You mean like when all the App fans went crazy after the blocked FG because they thought they were getting another attempt? Even though the penalty was blatantly after the play. Dumb.

But for ULM, Utah St and the like, the Wake game is just another game on the schedule. For App it's their Super Bowl. It sucks to lose to them but it sucks to lose any game. Wake doesn't need to play any out of conference teams with the added motivation that App always has.

I’m sorry to burst your bubble but Wake isn’t App’s super bowl. Not when they have teams like Tennessee, UGA, Penn State, South Carolina, Wisconsin, Texas A&M, and Miami on the schedule every year. Also, it seems so strange to me that an ACC teams fan base have such strong feelings about a Sun Belt team that has only been. D-1 for 5 years. If you’re scared to play them then just say so, don’t hide behind the “it’s a lose/lose game” and “their fans are annoying and dumb and I can’t be bothered to suffer them for 3 hours” arguments. It just makes Wake fans look silly.

And in regards to the student section not knowing that the unsportsmanlike conduct after the blocked fg didn’t give them the ball back, at least their students bother to show up to their games...

I mean it definitely is a lose/lose game for Wake overall but it's an enjoyable one nonetheless IMO.

I’m sorry to burst your bubble but Wake isn’t App’s super bowl. Not when they have teams like Tennessee, UGA, Penn State, South Carolina, Wisconsin, Texas A&M, and Miami on the schedule every year. Also, it seems so strange to me that an ACC teams fan base have such strong feelings about a Sun Belt team that has only been. D-1 for 5 years. If you’re scared to play them then just say so, don’t hide behind the “it’s a lose/lose game” and “their fans are annoying and dumb and I can’t be bothered to suffer them for 3 hours” arguments. It just makes Wake fans look silly.

And in regards to the student section not knowing that the unsportsmanlike conduct after the blocked fg didn’t give them the ball back, at least their students bother to show up to their games...

Agree 100%. We talk like our so-so football program is on such a superior level to theirs, but then our crap basketball team plays UNCG, Gardner-Webb, Elon, etc. (even APP occasionally!) and no one thinks twice about it. But I do think our lame athletic admin. needs to make a concerted effort not to let APP's visit to Wake turn into a "home" game for the visitors. Easy solution would be to have it coincide with Parents Weekend which always draws a big crowd (including students, who are stuck having to attend with their families), but Wake would rather sell out the APP game based on a huge visitor presence and then get another attendance bump with the parents on a lower-profile game.

Isn’t zqglass an app grad? So there ya go.

Oh yeah ? Wake is pretty much on par with Miami and South Carolina right now. That's why those are the only teams you can get to come to your shitbox stadium filled with 150,000 teeth. You're taking one-offs with top teams for a nice payday and a chance at a a newsworthy upset.

Oh yeah ? Wake is pretty much on par with Miami and South Carolina right now. That's why those are the only teams you can get to come to your shitbox stadium filled with 150,000 teeth. You're taking one-offs with top teams for a nice payday and a chance at a a newsworthy upset.

I’m sure college kids get just as hyped to play Wake as they do Miami and South Carolina. Not even going to dignify the stadium and fan insult with a response.

I get tired of the OSU and UGA donks on here until someone dares to insult App State and then holy hell go back to Boone

I get tired of the OSU and UGA donks on here until someone dares to insult App State and then holy hell go back to Boone

Lol, you would think that I was in here openly talking shit about Wake and praising App. Some thin skin on ogboards these days...

Back