• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Football Ranking #62 for 2019

South Carolina football is no better than Wake. Especially when you consider the relative sizes of the two schools. They have even had two of the greatest college coaches of all time and still haven't won anything of any importance.

A game with App state is the definition of a lose-lose situation for Wake football. I don't mind playing them ever so often, but we should not have annual home-home series with the happy appys. We need tune-up games to get ready for the ACC season. We don't need to be playing in the annual app state i-am-pissed-because-they didn't-recruit-me super bowl.

That's about where I am: let's play them every few years including at their place, but every year makes it into a "rivalry", and with our ACC schedule we already have 8 of those games. But a game with some unique history and regional connections to mark on the calendar every few years is exciting for both the players and (most of us) fans.
Aren't ECU and APP scheduled to play at B of A? I'd be good with that arrangement as well.

That's about where I am: let's play them every few years including at their place, but every year makes it into a "rivalry", and with our ACC schedule we already have 8 of those games. But a game with some unique history and regional connections to mark on the calendar every few years is exciting for both the players and (most of us) fans.
Aren't ECU and APP scheduled to play at B of A? I'd be good with that arrangement as well.

Agree with this.

Yes. Tennessee and Penn State in OT, and UGA in the second half. They play at South Carolina and UNC next year, @Wisconsin the next year, @Miami the next year, @Texas A&M after that. Since I started school they have been to LSU, Florida, Virginia Tech, Michigan (twice), and Clemson as well and every one of those were blowouts aside from the 2007 win in Ann Arbor.

Those games add to the coffers indirectly as well. The die-hard App fans look forward to that one great road trip almost every season. Going to Stateboro, GA every other year, not so much. Gotta keep the alumni happy and a Sun Belt schedule doesn't offer a lot of great travel opportunities. It's almost the same as an in-season bowl game to get to go to Baton Rouge, Gainesville, or State College.

What a fantasy it would be to play in the Fun Belt vs the likes of all of the "states" in that conference. Can you imagine what Clawson would do to those defenses with the RPO? App fans aren't great - and my favorite moment last year, was when App inched into the Top 25 and got blasted by Ga. Southern on National TV. Welp, thanks for playing App. (and don't say anything about injuries).

They are in 2020. It may surprise some people how well that game will draw. I can’t speak for ECU but APP will have half of that stadium full.

Playing App at App is freaking dumb when they would crawl down that mountain any time we want them to. Which I don't. Home and home deals should be way better than this gig. Where you want to go if you are a player? Utah, Louisianna, or fucking Boone NC.

Playing App at App is freaking dumb when they would crawl down that mountain any time we want them to. Which I don't. Home and home deals should be way better than this gig. Where you want to go if you are a player? Utah, Louisianna, or fucking Boone NC.

You're forgetting that Boone is a resort town.
Where would you rather go skiing........Boone or all the way out to Park City, UT?
Easy decision.

You're forgetting that Boone is a resort town.
Where would you rather go skiing........Boone or all the way out to Park City, UT?
Easy decision.

In mid September? If I'm a player give me Boone or Utah over Louisiana. As a skier, give me a boat and a rope at that time of year.

Kind of a weird argument. Logan, Utah is closer to Idaho than anything worth going to in Utah. Monroe is 4 1/2 hours from New Orleans. Boone is pretty any time of year, and it’s neighbors Blowing Rock and Banner Elk both offer the finer things that a college town may not have. In all honesty though, if you asked a college kid to choose between Boone, Logan, and Monroe they probably wouldn’t give much of a shit for one over the other. At least their friends and families could get to Boone a lot easier.

If the team wants to go to Boone they can go one morning on their bye week.

It pisses me off that the last 2 teams we beat in bowls are WAY ahead of us. Texas A&M is at #12 (what an absolute friggin joke) and Memphis is at #26.

^inescapably good observation. Only solution is for locals, students and alumni to decide it is ludicrous as well and show up in support. Dare someone to knock that chip off the shoulder.

Next 6 months is the time for momentum building with the casual fan and the time to boldly challenge the skeptics.

Last edited:
Back