• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Football Ranking #62 for 2019

Seems about right? That's LOWF talk. This is a pretty bad slight, based on how we played at the end of the year and what we have coming back, and should be viewed as such by Claw and the team.

Rated one spot below UNC who has won 5 games in the past two seasons. Seems legit.

If I’m a player or a coach this is motivation fuel for the entire offseason. I ran into Jamie Newman at a restaurant this weekend, very humble and well spoken guy. I’m only an inch or so shorter than him but when he shook my hand my palm disappeared. Dude has a pair of mits on him. Asked him if he was excited for the new weapons he was getting on the outside and his face lit up. Is it September yet?

lol - app state has the 19th best 'returning production'. For reference, USC 38, Tex 51, State 54, Wake 59

Those might be some of the worst rankings I've ever seen.

We tend to do better when were underrated I think, preseason #62 is just fine with me.

We tend to do better when were underrated I think, preseason #62 is just fine with me.
Isn't doing better than expectations sorta the definition of underrated? If you do worse, you're not underrated, right?

Rankings at this time of year are completely meaningless.

Isn't doing better than expectations sorta the definition of underrated? If you do worse, you're not underrated, right?

Yeah, I meant we tend to do better when the expectations aren’t that high or maybe aren’t as high as we think they should be. If we were ranked preseason top 25 for instance, I’m sure we’d crap on ourselves.

Yeah I don't put a lot of stock into these - but they're not subjective, rated on the percentage of production returning, the average rating from 2-5 years ago for the team, and the three/four year recruiting ranking (more heavily weighted for the last couple years).

I don't know how you can really criticize a "production returning" statistic overall though, it's used all the time.

Screw these rankings.
Let's just go out and beat the hell out of everyone.

Back