• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Football Ranking #62 for 2019

A game with App state is the definition of a lose-lose situation for Wake football. I don't mind playing them ever so often, but we should not have annual home-home series with the happy appys. We need tune-up games to get ready for the ACC season. We don't need to be playing in the annual app state i-am-pissed-because-they didn't-recruit-me super bowl.
Indeed. Well stated. But the disdain for non-recruitment applies to the student or academic side even more. This is what I believe generates most of the large App attendance by students, their families and alums in our stadium. If they can stick it to us they feel much better. For a solid 2 years before the recent Block at the Rock game, I heard from multiple App families that they were “looking forward to beating Wake” only to be silenced in great disappointment. Don’t be surprised for the opposite outcome in Groves.

Indeed. Well stated. But the disdain for non-recruitment applies to the student or academic side even more. This is what I believe generates most of the large App attendance by students, their families and alums in our stadium. If they can stick it to us they feel much better. For a solid 2 years before the recent Block at the Rock game, I heard from multiple App families that they were “looking forward to beating Wake” only to be silenced in great disappointment. Don’t be surprised for the opposite outcome in Groves.

App St also used the be the "teachers college" so many of the Winston-Salem/Forsyth County school teachers went there. They would come out in droves when App would play in WS.

App St also used the be the "teachers college" so many of the Winston-Salem/Forsyth County school teachers went there. They would come out in droves when App would play in WS.

Winston Salem has to have one of the largest populations of App grads, I see ASU stickers on cars all day every day. Clemmons particularly seems to have a lot.

It still is. Every ditzy McKenzie/Jessica/Tiffany at App wanted to be a kindergarten teacher and they couldn't wait to tell you how hard teaching was and "It's like the most important job everrrr". The ones that couldn't get in the teaching school all became sociology majors.

It still is. Every ditzy McKenzie/Jessica/Tiffany at App wanted to be a kindergarten teacher and they couldn't wait to tell you how hard teaching was and "It's like the most important job everrrr". The ones that couldn't get in the teaching school all became sociology majors.

LOL

Back