• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Suggestions Thread

I know this has already been mentioned, but having the forum jump menu down at the bottom drives me nuts.

Make sure you minimize your "posting rules" box with the little blue arrow in it's corner. That will make it easier to access.

Right now it's the only thing at the bottom that can be used to jump back to the page you were on (so I recommend those of you wanting to tree at the bottom to use that for the time being). Eventually I think the plan is to have a tree down there and have the "jump to" at the top right.

My God, I LOVE that I can jump to the first unread post.

:dancindeac:

I'm a noob, how does this work?

When I click the little blue "last post" arrow, it just goes to the last post in the thread... not necessarily my first unread one. What am I doing wrong here???

I'm a noob, how does this work?

When I click the little blue "last post" arrow, it just goes to the last post in the thread... not necessarily my first unread one. What am I doing wrong here???

Click the blue arrow that's next to the title of the thread, not the last post one.

It's directly to the left of the text/title, where the "little man" would have been on the other forums.

Click the blue arrow that's next to the title of the thread, not the last post one.

It's directly to the left of the text/title, where the "little man" would have been on the other forums.

Ooo, you're awesome! Thanks :internets:

Not exactly the same, but

Old Gold and Black Forums > OGBoards > The Pit

At the top pretty much serves the same purpose.

Right, I was talking about getting one of those at the bottom of the page so I can be lazy and not scroll up to the top to return to the thread list. I can adapt, though.

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but is there a way to tell if you've posted on a thread? Like the little-man icon on TOS?

Ooh nevermind about the little-man part. I now see that the icon changes to an envelope with an arrow next to threads in which you've responded.

You need to defs remove the 5 images per post rule. ASAP. It applies to emoticons.

What are the expected costs to keep the site in operation each month? I assume that's your concern with the bandwidth?

Well TWdeac paid for the hosting and I assume he paid for either 6 months or a year up front at $10 to $12 a month. It wouldn't be a huge deal to raise it to $20 or $30/month hosting if we were able to maintain high traffic for the first few months though. Currently we are allowed 50,000 MB per month and have used just over 2600, so we are doing pretty well so far.

In terms of personnel, there's something I always wanted the ADboards to do, but didn't fit the profile of the board since it questions the coaches.

It would be great to get some former or current basketball and football coaches to give their insights about our teams. It would be better if they weren't Wake fans, but it would be tough to get a non-Wake person to sit down and watch our games. Wake people posting anonymously would be great as well. Some good Xs and Os talk would definitely separate this board from the other board and elevate the level of discourse.

Shepherds pie was amazing. Soda bread too. Shots of Jameson and plenty of Guinness are being had.

Are there any options for button styles? The site's color scheme looks great but the blue buttons/folders/pins kind of stick out.

On that note, I think the blue submenu links in the nav bar could also use a change to black as well (nitpicking).

In terms of personnel, there's something I always wanted the ADboards to do, but didn't fit the profile of the board since it questions the coaches.

It would be great to get some former or current basketball and football coaches to give their insights about our teams. It would be better if they weren't Wake fans, but it would be tough to get a non-Wake person to sit down and watch our games. Wake people posting anonymously would be great as well. Some good Xs and Os talk would definitely separate this board from the other board and elevate the level of discourse.

This is a great idea. Let's get Wrangor over here and give him a front page blog.

For some reason there is a two hour difference between the EST setting and the CST setting. I'm in central time and it is 10:30 here. I have it set on central time and the posts say it is 9:30. Not sure if this is something that can be fixed.
The eastern setting seems to be correct.

Yeah I would love to hear from anyone with formal coaching experience, refereeing (not theRef), etc.. Give them a formal outlet. The other board it is so tiresome to always have people throw the line, well its not like you coached, or played, or whatever so what some people say gets lost amongst everything else. If we have identifiable experts I would pay more attention to their opinion. For example, wow I cant understand why the wide receivers during a check off barely even look for the call and definitely can't hear the audible, Oh widereceiverDeac former player says, its because they know it was originally a run and its still a run.

Very good idea. I'll start a thread in the mods board about this to get us brainstorming.

This morning my unviewed threads are no longer bolded, and the jump to the last post tab is also not present. They are rebolded and the tab appears after I posted this morning and someone replies. Are those functions reset every 24 hours or something similar?

Back