• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Suggestions Thread

I'll look into upping the amount of posts you can switch it too. You should be able to go up to 40 ppp in the User CP atm though.

We just increased the number of pages shown for the time being, so people would have a better idea of thread length when jumping into it.

We can custom set the amount of posts. Personally, I like more than 40, but it hasn't been a high priority for a change.

We can custom set the amount of posts. Personally, I like more than 40, but it hasn't been a high priority for a change.

Can you add a couple more options for 60 or 80 in there (but defs not by default)?

Thanks for providing this. We've needed a vbulletin board for a long time now. I rejoice in the thought that this post will not be deleted because it reaches page 26; rather, it will be deleted because it is racist against ladyboys.

I'd love a button at the top near forum tools to "Mark Forum as Read", instead of a pull down menu. That's much too much work for me to have to click twice.

Question for the tech gurus: I am staying logged in, but the "go to last post" button and the bold/unbold thread titles doesn't seem to be working for me a lot of the time.

For example, I have read a thread, but it is bold. I click on the "last unread post" button and it just takes me to the original post. Then I scroll down and there are not actually any new posts that I haven't read on that thread.

It doesn't happen every time or on every thread - any thoughts on why that might happen? It's not like I'm getting logged out or anything... and I am using the same computer.

Question for the tech gurus: I am staying logged in, but the "go to last post" button and the bold/unbold thread titles doesn't seem to be working for me a lot of the time.

For example, I have read a thread, but it is bold. I click on the "last unread post" button and it just takes me to the original post. Then I scroll down and there are not actually any new posts that I haven't read on that thread.

It doesn't happen every time or on every thread - any thoughts on why that might happen? It's not like I'm getting logged out or anything... and I am using the same computer.

I would see if clearing the cache/cookies and restarting the browser helps. I've already posted this in the tech support forum, but we made some changes wrt to cookies yesterday that have been causing this stuff to be a little wonky for some.

I haven't read the thread to see what's been posted already, but things I want:

Change the icon that indicates you've posted in a thread to something that stands out more. That whole column is too busy to easily eyeball anything quickly.

add a link to the other boards for easy navigation between Pit and Sports

One 'm' in Amonett

Stop the site from being crawled and indexed (robots.txt), we don't want every hoohah flooding in, or a thread bashing a recruit to show up on a google search of their name.

Last edited:
Question: I was thinking about the "cursing" issue that I discussed with someone a few days ago. Would there be any way to censor curse words only from thread titles? You could let people talk however they want, just keep it off the front page of the Board.

Just an idea.

Forum drop down at the top of the screen

For usernames, make the clicked color the same color as the unclicked color. I don't really care if I've clicked on someone's username before, and its kind of distracting.

Thanks

Forum drop down at the top of the screen

For usernames, make the clicked color the same color as the unclicked color. I don't really care if I've clicked on someone's username before, and its kind of distracting.

Thanks

I don't think this is actually what you're experiencing. We currently have different color usernames for the mods and admins right now (and eventually for some of our users, which we'll explain when we get that implemented). Is that what you're seeing?

As for the drop down, we are currently working on this, but it's proving to be more of a challenge than we first thought and it almost certainly means just moving the bottom one up instead of duplicating it.

I don't think this is actually what you're experiencing. We currently have different color usernames for the mods and admins right now (and eventually for some of our users, which we'll explain when we get that implemented). Is that what you're seeing?

Most likely. The color just seems out of place.

Back