• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Suggestions Thread

uh, so how do you edit thread titles

I think if you hit "go advanced" on the editor it will let you change the thread title if it is your thread. I'm not 100% sure though since I don't have a non-mod alias to test this with.

I lied, it didn't work -- the thread title only changed for the first post of the thread, not the thread itself.

Last edited:
Is there any possible way to open a group chat session during play of the Wake games? Would be more interactive and hopefully create more of a community atmosphere during the play of the games.

Is there any possible way to open a group chat session during play of the Wake games? Would be more interactive and hopefully create more of a community atmosphere during the play of the games.

We may have a surprise or two up our sleeves. :thumbsup:

Also, this feature is AWESOME. Who is the biggest nerd on the chat thread?

Deacsfan27 168
TWDeac 125
deacvision7 112
RollTheQuad06 93
cookoutdeac 80
awakeandready 62
TexasDeac10 48
tsywake 33
DeacHawk 30
wakephan09 29

Oddly enough, the top 5 on the MD board were all non-Terps (including lbE).

But it was more of a randomness thread than a chat thread.

I would see if clearing the cache/cookies and restarting the browser helps. I've already posted this in the tech support forum, but we made some changes wrt to cookies yesterday that have been causing this stuff to be a little wonky for some.

that still didn't work for me. every time I click go to last unread post on the EPL thread, for example, and it sends me to the same place it did all of yesterday.

that still didn't work for me. every time I click go to last unread post on the EPL thread, for example, and it sends me to the same place it did all of yesterday.

This is definitely an issue with your saved cookies. Clearing cache/cookies and restarting firefox is the only solution at the moment.

I'm not sure why vBulleting doesn't play nice with cookies, but we are trying to figure it out.

Not sure if these have been mentioned:

1) Thread archive (should be able to search the entire history of these boards, forever) Thread text for 10 years takes up less than $50 of storage.

2) Status bar - next game date/time, link to gametracker, link to audio, link to video. Not only useful, but will drive traffic to the site.

3) I'd prefer a snazzier sports-oriented top nav graphic, like some photos of Wake players or something. Generally I like simplistic, clean designs, but this is a sports board... Even something like just Wake Jerseys with retired/famous numbers would be a cool backdrop for the Deacon maybe.

4) I'm a fan of an unobtrusive floating dhtml forum jump menu that follows wherever you scroll so you can jump forums at any time, or go back to the main forum. I think vBulletin supports one.

it's weird, though, because I post on another VBulletin forum and don't have that problem.

Awesome, thanks for the suggestions. We are definitely exploring our options with the forum jump menu as that seems to be something a lot of people want right now.

The status bar/panel probably won't be implemented until we actually have a front page up and can integrate the calendar with it there.

The archive is also something that's on our list.

I think we are fine with the way the banner is now. We want the forums to be as clean as possible. There will probably be some more exciting photos and stuff once we start building a home page for the site.

Not sure if these have been mentioned:

1) Thread archive (should be able to search the entire history of these boards, forever) Thread text for 10 years takes up less than $50 of storage.

2) Status bar - next game date/time, link to gametracker, link to audio, link to video. Not only useful, but will drive traffic to the site.

3) I'd prefer a snazzier sports-oriented top nav graphic, like some photos of Wake players or something. Generally I like simplistic, clean designs, but this is a sports board... Even something like just Wake Jerseys with retired/famous numbers would be a cool backdrop for the Deacon maybe.

4) I'm a fan of an unobtrusive floating dhtml forum jump menu that follows wherever you scroll so you can jump forums at any time, or go back to the main forum. I think vBulletin supports one.

1) We'll definitely be keeping a thread archive.

2) We'll look into this

3) This is up to Forest21. He has been a champion graphic designer for us. I like the current graphic, but if enough people want it changed, we could try and work something up.

4) Hopefully OGD will see this and will look into the moving menu. I know I've seen them before as well.

I appreciate your input :) Let me know if you see anything else. Also, nice to see you posting over here!

What do you mean by front page? I don't know of many message boards that have a successful front page outside of the base forum links, unless that's the page you're talking about. But by status line I mean something on every page, added to the top nav. Basically a ticker for news like a player signing, game links, etc. A lot of the vBulletin boards that are popular have one - makes the forums seem very active and also denotes the mods are active. Even better if it was the ogboards twitter feed and you could follow it.

I doubt anyone will every really use the calendar much, but who knows.

And I do think the site looks clean - good job on the look and feel. You're definitely right to be careful about it.

Anyway congrats on the site and good work. When they switched to the garbage Scout board back in the day I actually built a site like this one just to show off how pathetic their board was. Almost got banned... Assholes...

Back