• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Suggestions Thread

Just an aesthetic thing, but can we get something across the top of the webpage (to the right of the earth)? It looks a bit bland with the gold right now.

Also, not the biggest fan of the gold color. I would go for a little brighter, but that's just me.

Just an aesthetic thing, but can we get something across the top of the webpage (to the right of the earth)? It looks a bit bland with the gold right now.

Also, not the biggest fan of the gold color. I would go for a little brighter, but that's just me.

I'm working on that today when I get some free time. Will be up tomorrow.

The color is something that we can decide upon as a forum. I don't want to keep changing it back and forth.

The color is something that we can decide upon as a forum. I don't want to keep changing it back and forth.

That's fine (to you and DV7).

I created a Current Undergrads group. I think that groups would be a good place to have regional/state population to discuss getting together to watch games/meet up to do other things.

Is there any way to get the page to refresh itself and show posts without having to manually press F5?

You mean as posts come into the thread, the page refreshes itself? There is no option in vBulletin, but I could do this with a little programming. There are bandwidth concerns though as each refresh adds up.

You mean as posts come into the thread, the page refreshes itself? There is no option in vBulletin, but I could do this with a little programming. There are bandwidth concerns though as each refresh adds up.

Yeah, like we have on Blogger So Dear. We don't get a ton of traffic though. That may be a problem as site traffic blows up here.

Sorry m8, your new title went away when I updated the rankings. If you are super nice to me, I may hook you up down the road :)

AW Hamilton???? really? As a charter member, can you hook me? "Board Big Toe" would be cool.:cool:

If you can that's cool, TW. If not, I will be patient!

Yeah, like we have on Blogger So Dear. We don't get a ton of traffic though. That may be a problem as site traffic blows up here.

Our bandwidth is good right now. I monitor it pretty closely. OGD and I will look into it.

Are there true forums that do that? I've been to blogs that do that, but never on a true forum. Although, I am admittedly not a forum expert, so there could easily be some out there.

Are there true forums that do that? I've been to blogs that do that, but never on a true forum. Although, I am admittedly not a forum expert, so there could easily be some out there.

I have never come across a true forum that does this. Bandwidth would obviously get raped as more and more users join the site.

I have never come across a true forum that does this. Bandwidth would obviously get raped as more and more users join the site.

I am a n00b at this, but how many people do you think would be too many?

I am a n00b at this, but how many people do you think would be too many?

We have 22 people online right now. That is the current record. I'd say that we would run into issues at around 200-300 concurrent users. However, we do have the option to increase our hosting all the way up to having a dedicated server so we can handle anything. This issue is the cost of hosting.

Back