• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Suggestions Thread

Any chance of a voluntary profanity filter in the User CP settings or something? Like how you can turn off images so you don't stumble across objectionable stuff at work.

Working on it.

***re is * censorship functi** under Ed** Opti**s, but I'm **t sure if **'ll work w**h pics.

To be clear, I was asking about a word filter. Picture filter already exists.

Thanks TW.

Last edited:
Are posters automatically approved or was someone just online when I submitted my app?

LOVE th*t i didnt h*ve to w*** * ye*r to he*r *bout whe***r or **t i w*s gr*nted *ccess... w*s denied multiple ti**s ** *** o***r bo*rd *** w** k**ws wh*t re**** (?!)

*utom*ti****y *** **w, **ce *** user b*se gets *** in**i*l surge we'll p****bly go to *n *pprov*l b*sed **t**d to keep out bots/trolls/people getting *round b*ns.

Are posters automatically approved or was someone just online when I submitted my app?

Currently automatically approved. We figured that would be better for launch at least so people wouldn't sign up and then not even be able to try it a while and lose interest immediately. I personally don't see a whole lot of point in approving names before allowing people to post, but I want to hear what you guys think.

I like the new board! Good work guys..

One suggestion.. Make the REGISTER link easier to find. Possibly a big one to the right of the earth/moon gif. I couldn't find it on the main page and had to hit reply to find the link under the login info.

Attracting a critical mass is going to be key to success. Make it easy for people to sign up for the fun!

**Also, I thought my Profile Picture was my Avatar, but figured that one out.. To newbies, they are not the same thing

*** One more: Can you add the bread crumbing to the bottom of the thread? When I scroll all of the way down a page, I don't want to have to scroll all of the way back up to return to the topic list. I am referring to these links: "Old Gold and Black Forums > OGBoards > Wake Forest Sports"

Last edited:
Currently automatically approved. We figured that would be better for launch at least so people wouldn't sign up and then not even be able to try it a while and lose interest immediately. I personally don't see a whole lot of point in approving names before allowing people to post, but I want to hear what you guys think.

Like I said in my previous post (heavily censored due to that bug), once the initial user base is established it will be more beneficial to switch to an approval strategy to filter out bots/trolls/users evading bans.

Like I said in my previous post (heavily censored due to that bug), once the initial user base is established it will be more beneficial to switch to an approval strategy to filter out bots/trolls/users evading bans.

Definitely.

NO END TO THE CHAT THREAD?

We must have a search feature then.

I forget if this was configurable when MD was using vBulletin, but make the last three pages of a thread clickable if possible and not just the "last page".

Is it possible to make the thread title show at the top of each post (similar to the Scout forums)? If you are in the middle of the thread it would be helpful to see what the original title was instead of having to scroll to the top.

The thread title is on the top bar of your browser's window. But I'm sure this could be done in the thread as well.

But I'll leave the final answer to the more technologically able mods. I'm a novice when it comes to stuff like that.

Hmm, do you have cookies enabled and all that good stuff?

What browser are you using?

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, are you clicking the "remember me" box before you sign in?

I am using Firefox and it doesnt seem to be a cookie issue

I forget if this was configurable when MD was using vBulletin, but make the last three pages of a thread clickable if possible and not just the "last page".

I'm not sure where this option is or if it exists in stock form. We'll look into it.

Back