• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report - FSU - WF in Tallahassee 7 pm Wednesday ACC Network

I just watched the replay of the game bc I’m a fucking idiot, and wow. I mean... their bench could beat our starters. Sad sad sad. Fuck Manning.... with the power of five suns, fuck Manning. F u c k M a n n i n g

Better to lose the battle and win the war. Those pulling to win this meaningless battle and risk losing the whole enchilada are playing with fire since we have a moron as an AD

Talked to a long time high level DClubber today who said Wellman recently asked for an extension and was told you are 72, and turned him down. Some good sign.

It is disheartening to see our student athletes in such an embarrassing situation at the end of the game. Its not fair for our guys to have to endure that experience.

Leonard Hamilton puts Danny Manning in a headlock and then suplexes him. Also outcoaches him.

Speaking of which, a few years ago around ACC tourney time there was a thread about how all the coaches would fare in a death match that had me laughing out loud. I need some entertainment from basketball so I’m going to have to find that again.

I mean what did we realistically have to lose by leaving Hoard in the game with two fouls? Manning’s 39th conference road game in 5 seasons? We have nothing to lose at this point. The guys a moron.

Basically Manning is going to always use a square block no matter the shape of the hole. Round hole? Put a square in it. Triangle hole? Put a square in it. Narrow rectangle hole? Square again. Every once in a while he'll luck out and actually get a square hole that works. The sad thing is he actually told our AD this during his interview, and the moron thought it was a good thing.

The crux of the issue for me is program building. Dave Clawson had a specific 3yr and 5yr plan for building out the program and he was going to stick with it no matter the wins or loses. Manning has never had more than a this month plan. He masks it in not caring about wins or loses. Even someone who can coach will eventually fail wi t out a vision or a plan.

Manning's greatest failing imo is not that he is a shitty coach but that he had and has no vision as to how to build out a program and sustain it. His only strategy seems to be "got length?"

Might as well pull for the kids to win guys, Manning will be back next year, shouldn't be, but WILL be. (barring some off the court issues which is not Manning's style). Wellman has done a terrific job over the past several years in most every sport, except the one we love, Basketball. Both the men and women are near the bottom every year, very little good has been done at the Joel, we have no excitement from our coach and we seem to be treading sand (or quick sand if you prefer) in player development. Because he has been such a good fund raiser and been good in all other sports, he will be here until he decides to retire, probably 2 years from now. Sucks but it is what it is.

Might as well pull for the kids to win guys, Manning will be back next year, shouldn't be, but WILL be. (barring some off the court issues which is not Manning's style). Wellman has done a terrific job over the past several years in most every sport, except the one we love, Basketball. Both the men and women are near the bottom every year, very little good has been done at the Joel, we have no excitement from our coach and we seem to be treading sand (or quick sand if you prefer) in player development. Because he has been such a good fund raiser and been good in all other sports, he will be here until he decides to retire, probably 2 years from now. Sucks but it is what it is.

Colossally bad decision if true. We will never recover from another year like this one. There will be no enthusiasm in the fanbase and I can't imagine any reasonably good recruit that would want to come here. Figure 2,000 fans per game average if he's back.

Last edited:
So manning will be back.

He has agreed to his buyout and will be an nba assistant.

ronnie wants an extension but was told you are old.

ronnie will be at wake as long as he wants.

Don't know about ronnie and danny but I am nearly done. lost hope. It's just not worth it since wake appears to only want to appease ronnie and a handful of donors that love a good ass kissing.

Might as well pull for the kids to win guys, Manning will be back next year, shouldn't be, but WILL be.
And here we go.

Goodman's report is 100% dead-on (as he always is), and we do this for another year. Yay.

So manning will be back.

He has agreed to his buyout and will be an nba assistant.

ronnie wants an extension but was told you are old.

ronnie will be at wake as long as he wants.

Don't know about ronnie and danny but I am nearly done. lost hope. It's just not worth it since wake appears to only want to appease ronnie and a handful of donors that love a good ass kissing.

We've reached the part of the process where everyone just starts making up shit and you can't tell the informed from the bullshitters. I've never really understood the motivation behind it, but it is what it is. There aren't any insiders around anymore (unsurprising given the state of our program), so take everything with a grain of salt.

In watching highlights, it appears we kept it relatively close until the last 10 minutes. What happened?

In watching highlights, it appears we kept it relatively close until the last 10 minutes. What happened?

You rang?

5329ca823d828.image.jpg

Back