• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

PSU Hoops - National Media Sees Chambers as Possible Manning Replacement

Beating crap teams is not playing like Top 30.

Penn State is 7-3 over its last 10 with victories over Michigan #2 seed and Maryland #5 seed.

2 of their 3 losses are to Purdue #2 seed and Wisconsion #4 seed.

Show me 30 teams with a better last 10 resume than that. I probably am being conservative saying top 30. It's better than that.

Can we all agree losing by 5 is better than losing by 40. At least as far as “how good are you” is concerned?

Let’s take a step back and start there.

Really hope that IU's loss to tOSU today is the death blow to their NCAA tourney hopes. Realize that they have some quality wins, but they are 17-15 (8-13). Any team that is 5 games under .500 in their conference does not deserve to play for a NC. Since January 3, the Hoosiers are 6-13. That sucks. Give a team that won or finished 2nd in their conference, but lost in their conference tourney (Belmont, Furman, Lipscomb), a shot.

Unless I'm betting, I don't give a damn about losing margins. The object is to get to wins. Accepting close losses is accepting losing. Get those Jimmies and Joes.

Can we all agree losing by 5 is better than losing by 40. At least as far as “how good are you” is concerned?

Let’s take a step back and start there.

NOPE

Penn State is 7-3 over its last 10 with victories over Michigan #2 seed and Maryland #5 seed.

2 of their 3 losses are to Purdue #2 seed and Wisconsion #4 seed.

Show me 30 teams with a better last 10 resume than that. I probably am being conservative saying top 30. It's better than that.

tumblr_mlee02u97j1rayh9bo4_250.gif

Our Lions up 6 with 14 minutes left. Winner gets second seeded and KP #10 Purdue tomorrow night.

Couple of calls there went against Penn State. Minnesota a chance to break the tie with 1.8 seconds left.

The PSU guy looked like he was hacked on his dunk. Should be SC Top 10.

Well tough loss but one heck of a run. Now we wait for Sunday.

Also lol at the Penn State guy walking out onto the court there.

Well shit...this team still belongs in the tournament. It’s how I feel and you can’t convince me otherwise.

What a great thread. Two thumbs up, would read again.

This hurts like the West Virginia loss. At least we can get through this together

I had forgotten about the existance of this thread. One of my favorites.

Things looking even rosier for PSU so far this season!

NCAA or bust!

Pat Chambers vs. OGBoards darling Nate Oats this Saturday. What an exciting time to be a Penn State hoops fan.

Back