• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

PSU Hoops - National Media Sees Chambers as Possible Manning Replacement

Everyone still standing behind these MILLENNIAL kempon stat frauds like how Numbers and others kept defending the gibberish that there is NO such thing the hot hand in basketball?

If you really dig into this thread, there is a nice section where rj gets into why UVA always underperforms in the NCAA tourney roughly 6 weeks before they won the NCAA tourney.

If you really dig into this thread, there is a nice section where rj gets into why UVA always underperforms in the NCAA tourney roughly 6 weeks before they won the NCAA tourney.

OMG, I got it wrong once for UVA....

BTW ATS, how will PSU against Nate Oats & Arkansas this weekend as you posted?

I forgot you are perfect.

OMG, I got it wrong once for UVA....

BTW ATS, how will PSU against Nate Oats & Arkansas this weekend as you posted?

I forgot you are perfect.

?

I acknowledged that I made a mistake... Nate Oats coaches at Alabama, not Arkansas. That's called a mistake or a slip-up.

That's a little different than making multiple posts about why UVA underperforms in the NCAA Tourney due to style of play, when the people you were arguing with took the position that UVA's tourney history was largely related to small sample size. You had an opinion that was ridiculed at the time (and rightly so) that was subsequantly proven incorrect a few weeks later. I find that entertaining.

I'm not perfect. Wrong a lot, in fact. But I'd like to think that I don't present myself like a complete ass when my opinions are proven incorrect.

For example, I was on the wrong side of the fire Danny Manning movement two seasons ago. It took me a few games into last season to realize he needed to go ASAP. I didn't double down on my incorrect position... I didn't lash out at every other poster who disagreed with me... I came around to what others had seen earlier and more clearly and accepted that I had been wrong.

Maybe you should try something ATS, read RJ's next five posts without seeing his name. Assume someone else posted them, you won't have same Pavlovian response.

Several times on this board and on old board, RJ has done tests of having other people post same thing he did. The responses were always bigly different.

Up until last season, UVA had underperformed under Bennett (at WSU, he lost to a #6 as #3 and got spanked by 20 as a #4). To ridicule actual results is not about the concept, it's about who presented the facts. I fully understand that.

Up until last season, UVA had underperformed under Bennett (at WSU, he lost to a #6 as #3 and got spanked by 20 as a #4). To ridicule actual results is not about the concept, it's about who presented the facts. I fully understand that.

You literally published a book of lies about yourself. Please stop pretending you're the victim.

Racer is board's Rudy Giuliani...rather than noun, verb, 9/11...with Racer it's noun, verb, it's RJ's fault

The argument was not about UVA's prior underperformance in the NCAA Tourney... That was not debated. What everyone was suggesting was that those results (while factual) did not mean that UVA/Bennett couldn't have success in the future. Your position, as succinct as I can make it, was that style of play and prior results showed that UVA/Bennett would continue to underperform on the biggest stage.

I found it amusing to read while it was happening, and I enjoyed it even more when the thread was bumped this morning.

The argument was not about UVA's prior underperformance in the NCAA Tourney... That was not debated. What everyone was suggesting was that those results (while factual) did not mean that UVA/Bennett couldn't have success in the future. Your position, as succinct as I can make it, was that style of play and prior results showed that UVA/Bennett would continue to underperform on the biggest stage.

I found it amusing to read while it was happening, and I enjoyed it even more when the thread was bumped this morning.

You mean like how say you are using stats and history to make a bet and then the game is played and you lose. It happens to everyone.

Again, it's about who made the argument not the facts. If over a 10+ year career (at two schools), Bennett had never exceeded his seeding and had many bad losses, it was logical to project it would happen again. That it didn't happen this one time is why people watch and discuss sports.

I notice when I'm right about things you don't talk about them as much or as loudly or basically at all. Once again proving it's not about what was posted, but who posted it.

Last edited:

what's your endgame here?

When did the ACC tournament stop counting as the post-season?

From 2014 to 2018, UVA went 10-3 in the ACC tournament with two titles, another appearance in the finals and a better conference tournament record that anyone else. Last year, UVA lost to FSU in the conference semis, and then won 6 straight in the NCAAs to win the Natty. It was never a style of play issue. Anyone watching the games knew that if UVA kept knocking on the door, they were too good not to get in at some point. You don't go 16-2, 16-2, 13-5, 11-7, 17-1, 16-2 in the ACC over a six year period in the best conference in the county with a style of play that 'doesn't work on the highest level'.

Claiming a certain style 'doesn't work' in the post-season is just lazy. UVA didn't lose to UMBC in 2018 because of the style of play, any more than Duke lost to Mercer in 2014 because of their style of play (BTW, Duke then won the Natty in 2015). The one and done style of the tournament is geared to produce random results: despite have the best recruits each year by far, neither Duke or nor Kentucky has made a final 4 in 5 years. That's a collective 0 for 8 despite having the most lottery picks and most talent by a mile. Are we now going to claim that Kentucky's and Duke's style doesn't work in the post-season?

i'm excited this was bumped and that we're doubling down on stupid arguments.

And then UVA played a team in the finals with a style of play similar to its own.

Back