• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

PSU Hoops - National Media Sees Chambers as Possible Manning Replacement

If you really dig into this thread, there is a nice section where rj gets into why UVA always underperforms in the NCAA tourney roughly 6 weeks before they won the NCAA tourney.

10/21/14

I think we are in a better position going forward with Danny than UVA is with their style of play. The best kids don't want to play slowly.

Bennett will have a great career at UVA but has a lower ceiling in postseason.

OMG, I got it wrong once for UVA....

BTW ATS, how will PSU against Nate Oats & Arkansas this weekend as you posted?

I forgot you are perfect.
giphy.gif

Bump.

Currently trailing Ayo and Illinois by 7, but Chambers and the Nittany Lions are 11th in KP and 9th in the AP.

Seeing their ranking reminded me of this glorious thread.

Last edited:
Tough loss for our Nittany Lions. PSU is only paying Pat Chambers $900k/year. Someone's going to pay him this offseason.

Yep, we want a coach whose highest finish in his first seven years in the mediocre Big 10 was 6th. His Big Ten record (including this year) is 42-100. That's a winning percentage of .296. Wanting him is the epitome of LOWF.

Yes, Wake is a much superior job to Penn State.

Aged like milk

I mean Pat Chambers is having a nice season, but I'd be pretty unhappy with him as a hire.

He fits the profile. Firmly mediocre P5 coach who seems to have turned around a weak program.

Please no on Pat Chambers to Wake.

It took him until season #7 to get to .500 in the B1G.

Glad he's had some success the last 3 seasons, but the first 6 were pretty ugly (Danny Manning ugly). In fact, I'd prefer Currie to not look at Penn State, given it might give him reason to hope that Danny could make things work if he gets another season.

He fits the profile. Firmly mediocre P5 coach who seems to have turned around a weak program.

What profile is this ? Wake has never hired such a coach. Is that just the direction you think we should go ?

Please no on Pat Chambers to Wake.

It took him until season #7 to get to .500 in the B1G.

Glad he's had some success the last 3 seasons, but the first 6 were pretty ugly (Danny Manning ugly). In fact, I'd prefer Currie to not look at Penn State, given it might give him reason to hope that Danny could make things work if he gets another season.

He's a PA guy. In his entire life, he's only left the state once and it was for two years. PSU can give him a raise. I don't see him leaving.

We’ve been talking about how Currie will try to hire a P5 coach.

Back