• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

PSU Hoops - National Media Sees Chambers as Possible Manning Replacement

We have to make a big hire. A guy who can't win in the B10 is not that.

Fully agree. Chambers is below HOF Wes Miller ion my list. And if you’ve followed some of my back and forth with Donald Ross in recent weeks, you’ll know that I think Wes Miller is totally unqualified for the job.

Chambers is a lazy, boring hire. Currie isn’t going that route.

Bob, you'd better watch out. This is like the third time in a few days that we have agreed. That could be dangerous here. :)

Noose comment by Penn State basketball coach points to larger NCAA problem

The day after the Wisconsin game, Chambers told Bolton he knew the freshman was under a lot of pressure and wanted to help him. Bolton recalls Chambers, who was on the hot seat due to the suspension and a 7-8 record at that point in the season, saying, “I want to be a stress reliever for you. You can talk to me about anything. I need to get some of this pressure off you.

“I want to loosen the noose that’s around your neck.”

The Boltons’ relationship with Chambers never recovered. After the season, Bolton transferred to Iowa State. After telling the NCAA about the noose comment, he received a waiver to play immediately and averaged 14.7 points per game in 2019-20. Penn State’s athletic integrity office only investigated Bolton’s situation after he began the transfer process.

Take that for data, kenpom nerds

Back