• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

PSU Hoops - National Media Sees Chambers as Possible Manning Replacement

Fuck the NCAAT, they should get a #2 seed in the NBA playoffs.

If they get to 18-18 they’ll be a top 35 team with the toughest schedule in America.

According to a totally load of crap program. Here's their OOC schedule:

Univ of N. FL
Jacksonville St.
DePaul
Wright St.
Bradley
VT
NC State
Colgate
Duquesne
Alabama
MD Baltimore County

Add to that playing B10 bottom feeders:

Rutgers twice
IU twice
Nebraska twice
Northwestern

In no real world would such a schedule be considered "toughest in the nation".

I love these RJ arguments about math in the "real world" from a guy who has literally created a fictional life for himself to sound cool in the world wide web.

This thread is definitely dumb as hell and I apologize for continuing to participate, but I'll add that Penn State's season to me resembles what a bad P5 season should look like with a competent coach unlike our dog shit decade. That is to say that things don't always go swimmingly, but there's a demonstrable difference between losing a bunch of games and getting one's ass kicked and humiliated on the regular.

I mean here’s the list of teams who have finished in the KP top 50 with a losing record since 2002:

Florida (2015)

That’s it. That’s the list.

This thread is definitely dumb as hell and I apologize for continuing to participate, but I'll add that Penn State's season to me resembles what a bad P5 season should look like with a competent coach unlike our dog shit decade. That is to say that things don't always go swimmingly, but there's a demonstrable difference between losing a bunch of games and getting one's ass kicked and humiliated on the regular.

Wrong. This thread is not dumb as hell.

I mean here’s the list of teams who have finished in the KP top 50 with a losing record since 2002:

Florida (2015)

The crazier thing is that depending on how things break they might end the season in the top 40. Win at Illinois and win a game or two in the B1G tourney and it could end real weird.

According to a totally load of crap program. Here's their OOC schedule:

Univ of N. FL
Jacksonville St.
DePaul
Wright St.
Bradley
VT
NC State
Colgate
Duquesne
Alabama
MD Baltimore County

Add to that playing B10 bottom feeders:

Rutgers twice
IU twice
Nebraska twice
Northwestern

In no real world would such a schedule be considered "toughest in the nation".

Posting their schedule doesn’t change the fact they have a strong SoS.

Florida (2015)

If Ayo & Co had taken care of IU last night, B1G could have had 3 this year alone with our boys (WE ARE), IU (16-14, #43), and Nebraska (15-15, #47)

Counterfactual: Multiple RJ Karl posts.

You're so right. Anyone can see P$U's OOC schedule is like playing back-to-back-to-back time machined Grandmama's UNLV, Walton's UCLA and Hill/Laettner Duke and deserves to be part of the nation's toughest SOS.

PSU Hoops - Top 50 Team, B1G Cellar Dweller, or Both

Nobody said that. You have to compare a team’s SOS to other teams this season and not just some imagined top schedule. Similarly you would have to actually acknowledge that teams are better than you might expect from their name (for instance Jacksonville State, Colgate, Wright State, Rutgers, and Northwestern).

Who cares if they win glorified HS leagues? Wright State lost to SMU, Kent State, IN State.

Similarly you would have to acknowledge that some teams are better than you would expect based solely on their name

Of course there are, but there's no sane world that makes P$U's schedule the toughest one in America this year. It's batshit crazy to say it is.

Back