• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump to declare national emergency over wall funding

Republican Senators are already showing how little spine, guts and love of the Constitution they have have. They are afraid of the biggest coward this nation has ever had in national elective office and are running away from voting against him.

Their shame and cowardice will go down in history and encourage Trump to be even more dictatorial.

They are afraid of Trump's voters/followers.

In this time of national emergency I’ve been hunkered in my house all weekend. I trust my work will excuse my absence tomorrow.

Graham to reporters, pre-Trump decision: "I'm inclined to oppose the president on this issue, as it would harm our reputation or influence overseas, or would be a violation of constitutional norms and ethics, or it's just a really dumb and poorly thought out decision."

Graham to reporters, post-Trump decision: "I fully support our great president in his decision on this issue, and see no real negative effects coming from it. And I resent any implication that I was ever opposed to this dumb or unethical or unconstitutional decision in any way."

Graham: "blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah."

They understand they’ve kicked the can for decades.

Build the wall and secure the border.It is the humanitarian thing to do for all parties involved.

Lindsey Graham is a helluva lot sharper than the Dims we are seeing lately.

little red lubette does history, with predictably dismal results:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/oc...r-comparing-trumps-border-wall-to-berlin-wall

Fox is obsessed with her. I see all my Republican friends on social media have been whipped into a frenzy over her, so I assumed Fox was making her the poster child of the Democratic party.

She is a single congressperson among 435. She has the voting power of .02% in the House, and in congress overall, even less (obviously).

Graham to reporters, pre-Trump decision: "I'm inclined to oppose the president on this issue, as it would harm our reputation or influence overseas, or would be a violation of constitutional norms and ethics, or it's just a really dumb and poorly thought out decision."

Graham to reporters, post-Trump decision: "I fully support our great president in his decision on this issue, and see no real negative effects coming from it. And I resent any implication that I was ever opposed to this dumb or unethical or unconstitutional decision in any way."

This Executive Order is way over the line. I have bitched about other President's abuse of this privilege and this is by far the worst I've seen.

Poll: 6-In-10 Disapprove Of Trump's Declaration Of A National Emergency

Nearly 6-in-10 also don't believe there is an emergency at the southern border and that the president is misusing his presidential authority. They also believe that his decision should be challenged in court.

"All things related to the declaring of a national emergency, the president is striking out in the court of public opinion," said Lee Miringoff, director of the Marist Institute for Public Opinion, which conducted the survey. "He's maintaining his base and little else."

https://www.npr.org/2019/02/18/6957...f-trump-national-emergency-declaration?live=1

The real national emergency is I paid 5 cents more a gallon to fill up my car today than last week

Back