• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rosenstein and McCabe turn on each other / It Begins to Unravel

Lectro

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/02/14/rod-rosenstein-calls-andrew-mccabe-liar/

The arrogant Andrew McCabe has become the first to break ranks as he rolls the bus on Rod Rosenstein. Rosenstein fires back calling McCabe a liar.

Talk of wearing a wire and invoking 25th Amendment discussed (seriously) multiple times. Rosenstein offered to wear a wire.

Rosenstein had previously played it off as a joke.

McCabe tells CBS’ Pelley that Rod was very serious about it and wanted McCabe to forward the idea to brass.

Doesn’t matter. Wheels are slow but still moving.

As for the FBI’s role in this..here is the top Law Prof at Harvard:

“Trying to use the 25th Amendment to try and circumvent the Election is a despicable act of unconstitutional power grabbing...which happens in third world countries. You have to obey the law. This is an attack on our system & Constitution.” -Alan Dershowitz.

Doesn’t matter. Wheels are slow but still moving.

As for the FBI’s role in this..here is the top Law Prof at Harvard:

“Trying to use the 25th Amendment to try and circumvent the Election is a despicable act of unconstitutional power grabbing...which happens in third world countries. You have to obey the law. This is an attack on our system & Constitution.” -Alan Dershowitz.

Can someone remind me where I could find the full text of the 25th amendment? Thanks.

This is the first crack among the players in the FBI and DOJ — fascinating stuff.

“Crossfire Hurricane” put Trump in the sights of the intelligence apparatus and they threw massive shade at him. This was at a time when the now thoroughly debunked “17 intel agencies agree” was in full bloom. Funny to look back and see the amount of flotsam these coordinated media fed stories have generated.

Sen. Charles Schumer,in his famous 2016 youtube,warned Trump not to take on the Intelligence agencies saying “they have 6 ways from Sunday to get to you”. Boy,he was not kidding :) With John Brennan orchestrating and Jim Clapper a seemingly reluctant participant,hardly a day went by without another breathlessly reported detail of “proof” Trump was a Russian asset. The entire administrative state was a sieve of leaks for the first 16 months.

Then came a break. Some texts among the brass of the FBI made it to the light of day. The “insurance policy” texts between Strozk and Page,a policy discussed in McCabe’s office according to both the texts and sworn testimony of Page.

So now we have the two ex #2 guys at their respective agencies and they are both knee deep in it. Andy has struck first. Somebody is clearly lying.

Why the accusation from McCabe now?

Why characterize Rosenstein as the “driver” behind the 25th amend. and for pushing to wear a wire?

We will have to understand the motivation for McCabe going after Rosenstein. Rosenstein looks to be the fall guy - imho.

Yep there was nothing suspicious about hosting Sergey Lavrov and Sergey Kislyak in the Oval Offoce, mere days following the firing of James Comey. Then telling them you’ve gotten rid of the Russia investigation. Oh and then for shits and giggles, you pass on classified information to them, blowing an Israeli intelligence source. This is all above board.

trump-Sergey-Lavrov-Sergei-Kislyak.jpg

And that’s on top of almost 12-18 months of suspicious behavior between Trump and Russia including more lies about contacts between the two groups than anyone can keep straight.

The oath of office the President, Military and all uniformed services (including the FBI) takes:

I, [name], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well ...

Well,Ned. I appreciate your “suspicious behaviors” and if Trump has done wrong then he’ll get what’s coming to him.All I am saying is that the dogs have been loosed on the Orange Cheatah,as you might characterize him.He has endured over 2 years of withering examination and a torrent of media ridicule. He may have earned it all. He is not done yet,not by a long shot.This Rosenstein - McCabe situation needs an “antidote”.From a Pub’s eyes,and knowing that it is Friday in the news cycle,we have grown accustomed to the ritual and so we expect that a tantalizing and “suspicious” news story of Trump is set to come out at any time. :)

But for the moment..let us look into what these two guys were doing and what justification they may have felt they had to invoke the 25th Amendment. My understanding is that it is largely meant for a President who was incapacitated and not intended,itself,as an instrument to incapacitate a President.

I hope we find out. I hope the msm that we pubs rail so hard against will actually follow through. There is always one outlet from the Left that will air the news - ABC put it out there..so the msm has a plausible denial..”we covered it,see!?” But it would be good to someone break out from one of the mainstream outlets and really dig in. It would go a long way toward restoring Pubs faith that the system of jurisprudence is fair..that what is wrong is wrong no matter who or why.

Yep there was nothing suspicious about hosting Sergey Lavrov and Sergey Kislyak in the Oval Offoce, mere days following the firing of James Comey. Then telling them you’ve gotten rid of the Russia investigation. Oh and then for shits and giggles, you pass on classified information to them, blowing an Israeli intelligence source. This is all above board.

trump-Sergey-Lavrov-Sergei-Kislyak.jpg

NED is not a fan of the geys I see.

Can someone remind me where I could find the full text of the 25th amendment? Thanks.

Amendment XXV
Section 1.
In case of the removal of the President from office or of his death or resignation, the Vice President shall become President.

Section 2.
Whenever there is a vacancy in the office of the Vice President, the President shall nominate a Vice President who shall take office upon confirmation by a majority vote of both Houses of Congress.

Section 3.
Whenever the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that he is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, and until he transmits to them a written declaration to the contrary, such powers and duties shall be discharged by the Vice President as Acting President.

Section 4.
Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

Thereafter, when the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that no inability exists, he shall resume the powers and duties of his office unless the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive department or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit within four days to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office. Thereupon Congress shall decide the issue, assembling within forty-eight hours for that purpose if not in session. If the Congress, within twenty-one days after receipt of the latter written declaration, or, if Congress is not in session, within twenty-one days after Congress is required to assemble, determines by two-thirds vote of both Houses that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall continue to discharge the same as Acting President; otherwise, the President shall resume the powers and duties of his office.

Dershowitz has gone full Trump toady. He has lost all credibility.

Amendment XXV
Section 1.
In case of the removal of the President from office or of his death or resignation, the Vice President shall become President.

Section 2.
Whenever there is a vacancy in the office of the Vice President, the President shall nominate a Vice President who shall take office upon confirmation by a majority vote of both Houses of Congress.

Section 3.
Whenever the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that he is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, and until he transmits to them a written declaration to the contrary, such powers and duties shall be discharged by the Vice President as Acting President.

Section 4.
Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

Thereafter, when the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that no inability exists, he shall resume the powers and duties of his office unless the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive department or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit within four days to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office. Thereupon Congress shall decide the issue, assembling within forty-eight hours for that purpose if not in session. If the Congress, within twenty-one days after receipt of the latter written declaration, or, if Congress is not in session, within twenty-one days after Congress is required to assemble, determines by two-thirds vote of both Houses that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall continue to discharge the same as Acting President; otherwise, the President shall resume the powers and duties of his office.

Dershowitz has gone full Trump toady. He has lost all credibility.

Oh wow. So is the full text you post here a part of the constitution?

Ned,I am not sure what you are talking about but nobody has disputed the amendment.

The questions I imagine are these :

Can either a Deputy Attorney General or Deputy FBI Director invoke the amendment?

And “what cause” is claimed for its enactment?

It’s design is essentially for the orderly transfer of power if a President is not able to physically and mentally perform the duties of the job.

The Dean of Harvard’s Law Professors is not speaking idly.

Ned,I am not sure what you are talking about but nobody has disputed the amendment.

The questions I imagine are these :

Can either a Deputy Attorney General or Deputy FBI Director invoke the amendment?

And “what cause” is claimed for its enactment?

It’s design is essentially for the orderly transfer of power if a President is not able to physically and mentally perform the duties of the job.

The Dean of Harvard’s Law Professors is not speaking idly.

Think it’s pretty clear Dershowitz is outright questioning the constitutionality of the 25th amendment.

And neither Rosenstein nor McCabe enacted the 25th amendment so I’m not sure what you’re talking about. If youre saying they should not discuss it with their own boss or other members of the cabinet, please direct me to the law or statute that prohibits this conversation.

And “what cause”? Are you watching this press conference right now?

Section 2.

I hope it's Merrick Garland.

Back