• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Republican Presidential Nominees

If tax and spend Dems face enormous resistance in wealthy eastern seaboard states, then please list the states where they would fare well.

If tax and spend Dems face enormous resistance in wealthy eastern seaboard states, then please list the states where they would fare well.
California and Washington to name two, but more broadly you are right. The national Democratic party is very opposed to progressive liberal economics, even while that opposition doesnt actually track with national income disparities and voter preferences.

I'm just going to put this here since there is less to discuss on this thread:

Schultz needs to just stay on Fox News, make an independent run, and become a trump alternative for rube voters who find empty chair political analogies compelling.

There is just no way to primary Trump. He controls the conservative media. Nothing but centrist and liberal media outlets will ever promote another candidate, and those listeners obviously aren't voting in Pub primaries.* The marching orders have been issued. All of the Pubs can keep saying they want someone else, but the reality is they had a million other candidates in 2016, and they chose Trump; and that was with a fair shake. Now that every outlet is pot-committed to Trump, they will torch anyone who steps up. The Dem goal should be to promote some sort of Republican challenger, not in the hopes of ousting Trump in the primaries, but in an effort to shift the narrative towards infighting and have even %20 of the conservative media arguing against the radicals.

ETA: *enough to matter

Last edited:
There is just no way to primary Trump. He controls the conservative media. Nothing but centrist and liberal media outlets will ever promote another candidate, and those listeners obviously aren't voting in Pub primaries.* The marching orders have been issued. All of the Pubs can keep saying they want someone else, but the reality is they had a million other candidates in 2016, and they chose Trump; and that was with a fair shake. Now that every outlet is pot-committed to Trump, they will torch anyone who steps up. The Dem goal should be to promote some sort of Republican challenger, not in the hopes of ousting Trump in the primaries, but in an effort to shift the narrative towards infighting and have even %20 of the conservative media arguing against the radicals.

ETA: *enough to matter

Nothing here suggests that there is no way to primary Trump. There are plenty of “good Republicans” out there, allegedly. Who is the Republican Mayor Pete who isn’t afraid of the high school bully?

Buncha snowflakes on the right...

I'm saying, in 2016, when all candidates made their pitch, the right chose Trump. Now that he has control of the media, he's never letting it go. Even if there is a reasonable voice on the right, it will never be heard. If there is one thing Trump is great at, it's keeping the spotlight on him.

Last edited:
I'm saying, even when voices were heard, the right chose Trump. Now that he has control of the media, he's never letting it go. Even if there is a voice on the right, it will never be heard. If there is one thing Trump is great at, it's keeping the spotlight on him.

So primary him to distract him long enough to let the Democrats build capacity to beat him?

So primary him to distract him long enough to let the Democrats build capacity to beat him?

Well yeah. Divide and conquer. I was simply saying, imho, I don't think Trump has any chance of losing in the primaries.

Since no one is really going to primary him, what do you think it would take for Trump to lose? Him just blatantly saying on camera he hates minorities? Hacked photo of his micropeen? Falling out with Fox News?

Since no one is really going to primary him, what do you think it would take for Trump to lose? Him just blatantly saying on camera he hates minorities? Hacked photo of his micropeen? Falling out with Fox News?

I would have said the most damning is a falling out with Fox News, but then I start thinking about his entire presidential campaign being based on starting his own network news show.

I believe Kasich will run. Whether or not he primaries Donald will be interesting to see.

Yeah the Kasich part isn't interesting, but whether Donald has to go through a primary process is interesting (even against a boring dude).

Back