• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Republican Presidential Nominees

Charlotte is gonna be lit when Weld comes to town for the RNC !

Is he trying to get out in front of Hogan? If they both run, they'll split that 15% or so of the establishment vote while Trump garners his 85%.

BTW, Trump's numbers are up a couple to a few points. He was teetering in that 39-40% range and is back in that 42-43% range. Maybe he shouldn't sign that budget deal and put federal workers out on furlough again so he can get another spike when they come back.

I guess if Trump has to spend a few million bucks to squash him that's better than nothing

This.

Having a Republican or two reminding moderate R’s and Independents that Trump is a fraud can only help Democrats who want to win in 2020.

Let Democrats focus on painting the vision for the future instead of playing in the cesspool Trump wants them to play in.

Isn't Weld like 110 years old???

I'd argue Weld came off as the most knowledgeable and likeable of the candidates the last time. Gary Johnson turned out to be a complete flake, but Weld was interesting. But yeah, he's up there in age, and add to that he pissed Pubs off by running as an independent last time. Hogan, Baker or Sasse would probably be better competition at this point.

ETA: I do not think any Republican has a chance of beating Trump in the 2020 GOP primary. I just want to see some halfway decent Republicans come out and fight the creeping authoritarianism and know nothingness of the first part of the Trump presidency.

This.

Having a Republican or two reminding moderate R’s and Independents that Trump is a fraud can only help Democrats who want to win in 2020.

Let Democrats focus on painting the vision for the future instead of playing in the cesspool Trump wants them to play in.

Plus it gives people like Junebug and jhmd someone to write-in during the General so they can proudly proclaim that they “didn’t vote for Trump” while they express how troubled they are that he didn’t pivot in his second term.

ETA: I do not think any Republican has a chance of beating Trump in the 2020 GOP primary. I just want to see some halfway decent Republicans come out and fight the creeping authoritarianism and know nothingness of the first part of the Trump presidency.

lol

Plus it gives people like Junebug and jhmd someone to write-in during the General so they can proudly proclaim that they “didn’t vote for Trump” while they express how troubled they are that he didn’t pivot in his second term.

God is going to MAGA by cumming all over Americans with more of those sweet, sweet justices

Pretty sure Junebug bought his Weld 2020 sticker and is leading the #resistance.

Back