• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report - North Carolina Saturday at noon - ACC Network

Yesterday he looked like he was beat . . . but he's still out there doing his best. You've got to give him credit for that.

Agree. Childress competes. As others stated, he would be very good as third guard playing maybe 20mts where he is not the focal point. At least he’s amped. This shitshow is not his fault.

Best thing Childress could do would be to transfer from WF, no matter whether daddy gets fired or not. Needs to go where he has to earn it at the right position, then we will find out whether he can play or not. Evan Manning also needs to go find a job on his own, not one daddy gave him, and see if he can earn continued employment in the coaching business.

Last edited:
Brandon has never wanted to play for any other school, his dream was to play for Wake Forest. He might go the grad transfer route, but I doubt it.

I feel bad for the kid, his college years spent being coached by DM, being asked to do too much and play outside of his strengths. I don’t get hating on the kid. He’s giving each game everything he’s got but he’s playing too many minutes at the wrong position. Blame Danny Manning for running Bryant Crawford out of Winston-Salem.

And it pisses me off that Wellman has used, yet again, a Wake Forest legend as a human shield to deflect from his colossal mistakes.

I don't think Childress will transfer, and I actually believe he'll thrive under a new coaching staff. He's at wake because he loves wake, not because his dad is the coach.

He definitely could thrive under a new, good coaching staff. Key is, he needs to be out from under both Manning ball, and daddy ball. Think the comparison on TV showing he had a better 3% than dad at that time was good for him? Look what he's done since. And Evan Manning, if he wants a career coaching, better get out from under dad real soon, or his career will be doomed. In other words, nepotism out.

Last edited:
I don’t feel bad for Brandon— he seems like a good kid who is living the dream of playing major minutes for an ACC program, as opposed to a being on the bench for a top team with great guards. Not sure if he wants to follow his Dad and play in Europe, but I would think he has a better chance with the minutes he is getting this year.

Not sure what people want Childress or Lil Chill to do. Randolph is an assistant, how many of you have had a boss that will not listen? As far as Lil Chill he has played way too many minutes, I think his legs are done.

So Randolph has all these coaching gems he’s been feeding redacted and Manning, and they just aren’t listening? No.

Your user name indicates he’s one of your favorite players. Nothing wrong with that. But it’s probably blinding you to the hard truths that he’s not a good coach and doesn’t know how to convey his own basketball skill and knowledge to someone else. Just like Manning.

I think the life lesson is keep your interview humble. I could be wrong but it seems Brandon and the team have gone in exactly the opposite direction from what he said.

Don't blame Brandon, shooters need to shoot. Kids go through slumps and when you have to play 40 min/gm these things will happen.

I think the life lesson is keep your interview humble. I could be wrong but it seems Brandon and the team have gone in exactly the opposite direction from what he said.

Don't blame Brandon, shooters need to shoot. Kids go through slumps and when you have to play 40 min/gm these things will happen.

0-10+ three times. When he’s off, he’s really off. But he keeps chucking it because of our AAU ball offense. Meanwhile, Hoard hits 7 of 9. Perhaps Hoard should touch the ball in scoring position more often.

0-10+ three times. When he’s off, he’s really off. But he keeps chucking it because of our AAU ball offense. Meanwhile, Hoard hits 7 of 9. Perhaps Hoard should touch the ball in scoring position more often.

Hate on manning. Brandon doing all he can do to overcome the huge deficit he's dealing with.

I don't think Childress will transfer, and I actually believe he'll thrive under a new coaching staff. He's at wake because he loves wake, not because his dad is the coach.
I really don’t think we will Fire Randolph if Childress is still playing at wake.

I really don’t think we will Fire Randolph if Childress is still playing at wake.

Do you expect a third coach to keep him on staff? He can handle a season being in the stands like 99% of the other D1 fathers.

Hate on manning. Brandon doing all he can do to overcome the huge deficit he's dealing with.

I was trying to say that our crap offensive scheme forces Chill to keep shooting. We run no plays for Hoard.

Fair enough comment but you are consistent in shitting on kids. Including Brandon. danny gets the blame. All of it. And while the assistant coaches don't get a pass I am confident enough in danny's arrogance to think that there are not many opinions being considered in coaches meetings and game but manning's.

Fair enough comment but you are consistent in shitting on kids. Including Brandon. danny gets the blame. All of it. And while the assistant coaches don't get a pass I am confident enough in danny's arrogance to think that there are not many opinions being considered in coaches meetings and game but manning's.

I wouldn't stick around long as an assistant working for a fucking terrible coach who doesn't listen to my input while he loses tons of games in spectacular fashion and tarnishing my resume.

I was trying to say that our crap offensive scheme forces Chill to keep shooting. We run no plays for Hoard.

Yep - in the Pitt win, I noticed that the only shots Hoard got in the last 10 minutes or so were when he got an offensive rebound.

Yep - in the Pitt win, I noticed that the only shots Hoard got in the last 10 minutes or so were when he got an offensive rebound.

This. Whenever we do make "plays", its usually the athleticism of the player making it happen. Our "set" plays are a 3 man weave/motion 20 feet from the basket that is easy to help defend.

I would let Hoard run the show and create matchup problems for the other team. Should've done that 10 games ago. Hoard can be sloppy with the ball, but certainly no worse than Childress. Childress is better as a 2G/spot up shooter anyway.

Back